No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Has a Proposal To Arum on Donaire-Mares, Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    In what universe is Donaire a "star"? Mares actually has a big following in California...where are the millions of Donaire fans at?
    Very true. 6000 in attendance at staples to see Mares vs Moreno. Whenever Donaire fights, I don't really see that many people in attendance for his fights.
    Last edited by TheGoldenChamp; 11-16-2012, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Once again, just more validation on what I have said about Bob for years.

Comment

Originally posted by ox805er View Post
        It's all BS on both sides.. bob arum will in no way, shape or form put two of his top stable fighters in with any risky gbp fighter.. i bet if they told him "we'll pay you a fee for rios vs mayweather" he'll jump on that on a heartbeat because of all the money he'll make.. and no credibility lost by rios losing.. **** arum **** oscar.. **** promotional companies.. US as fans should dictate who fights who.. after all is said and done.. WE pay the wages.. not arum not oscar not hbo.. hopefully OBAMA get's the goverment involved.. since these two clowns keep jacking the people out of their hard earned money.. with bogus fights.. come on.. pac/marquez (even though i'd love marquez to win) it's not intriguing anymore.. donaire/arce.. BEATING for $$.. arum bought bradley and "gave" him a win to promote him as "the man who beat pac".. lol.. we saw how good that went.. poor bradley now he's just sitting on the shelf.. ha ha.. i say like i've alway said.. go to a monetary system.. rank champs as the most valuable.. #1 contenders second most and so on and so forth.. that way you dont have chumps like donaire beating up on has beens.. or champions taking tune up after tune up vs popular old fighters..
        Its more of Arum not wanting to work with Golden Boy. Everybody knows Arum is egotistical and wants to dictate everything. Golden Boy seems like they're ready to discuss at the table. Just like Arum is the reason Floyd Pac wont happen , this donaire mares fight as well wont happen soon because of arum

Comment

wow does schaefer lurks here once in a while? seems like he saw my thread a week ago.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=572159

So boxing fans have been denied of some fights that ought to happen, fighters want it to happen, but didn't because of this greedy beef between top rank and golden boy. Worse is that this **** will continue to happen for as long as they can't get their acts together.

Obviously a co-promotion doesn't work for these greedy mother****ers because they want all the profits for themselves. GBP at one time even accused top rank of cheating them of profits so i don't think they can work together to co-promote a fight.

So how about a fighters swap? Meaning...gbp will let one of his fighters to fight under top rank in exchange for a top rank fighter to be promoted by gbp. For example, top rank will get to promote donaire-mares with no participation from gbp and in return, top rank will let rios fight mathysee under gbp promotions. Or, whatever exchange that makes sense to both of them. They can also make an option B just in case one of the fighters gets injured during the training or something like that. Everybody wins and no complications.

Comment

wooow if they make donaire vs mares and have matthysse vs rios on the undercard...wooow....

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
              wooow if they make donaire vs mares and have matthysse vs rios on the undercard...wooow....
              Did you read the article? The Schaffer says he won't co-promote an event with those fights with TR. It'll have to be one or the other so those two fights wouldn't be on the same card.

Comment

Not fair.....Mares gets a shot at the man but Rios a shot at Lucas? When Garcia is the real champ lol...nice try Haha

Comment

C'mom Man

There's bull**** on both sides! People are blaming Arum but to be in this game as long as he have, you got to be good at what you do. Arum knows Mares contract is about to be up. GBP has a big agenda to take over but cannot with TR still in the game. Red between the lines!

Comment

Golden Boy needs to make Matthysse vs Garcia and Santa Cruz vs Mares. They have all 4 fighters.

Comment

I love it. Schaefer calling Arum's bluff super hard. Arum is a scumbag that's killing the sport. And the only reason this doucebag is getting away with standing in the way of Mayweather-Pacquiao is because you have a huge segment of the world that wants very badly to believe in Manny Pacquaio and this "fear" he's instilled in Floyd Mayweather. If not for this group of weirdos, Arum probably would be blackballed from the sport right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X