Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Has a Proposal To Arum on Donaire-Mares, Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be really surprised if Bob Arum would agree to this. Know wonder if they would put Mares vs Donaire on regular HBO or Showtime or would it be a PPV event. If so I would like to see Danny Garcia vs Bam Bam Rios better then Matthysse vs Rios the whole PR vs Mexico rivalry Would sell on PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
      I would be really surprised if Bob Arum would agree to this. Know wonder if they would put Mares vs Donaire on regular HBO or Showtime or would it be a PPV event. If so I would like to see Danny Garcia vs Bam Bam Rios better then Matthysse vs Rios the whole PR vs Mexico rivalry Would sell on PPV.
      Rios v garcia or lucas might not be a PPV but mares v nonito ill consider buying

Comment

Sounds fair to me but Bob already got Rios lined up for Pacquiao. I don't think Arum will allow himself to be out of anything. What a stubborn old coot.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
          lucas v.s rios is a war but lucas would win late by stoppage rios hasnt fought anybody on his level or higher because gbp has all the good 140 pounders
          I think I would favor Rios in a potential fight with Matthysse. Rios just smashed a credible guy in Alvarado in a tough fight. Matthysse has yet to proven himself against someone as good as Alvarado in my opinion. Rios can take punches and keep banging. It takes more than just a big punch to beat Rios. Have to out smart him because once you play into his kind of fight then he has the upper hand and I feel that Matthysse would get sucked right into that kind of slug fest. Good fight either way entertainment value wise.

Comment

Arum won't do it, he's gonna make Pac/Rios

Comment

Sorry Schaefer but Rios has a date with Pacquiao lined up. Bob will offer you the services of Tim Bradley for a fee if you ask nicely though.

Comment

All this time Schaefer has been the one preventing Mares-Donaire. I want to see this firgt but it would serve him right if he didn't get the fight.

Comment

Schaefer could offer Danny Garcia vs. Brandon Ruiz instead of Matthysse but Arum still wouldn't accept it.

The old **** is a disease on the sport.

Comment

Stupid goldenboy. When will they learn?

Comment

I wonder what the reaction will be when Arum finally kicks the bucket. Will it be praise or will everyone just let out a big sigh of relief....

Comment

Working...
                      X