Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Brandon Rios vs. Lucas Matthysse at 140 Lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Thurman is a better mover but Matt is much better than Rios but yeah Rios is that side advantage. Anyway, I didn't say he'd stop Rios, but he would beat him on points.
    I don't know. Matthysse is easily sucked into an inside war of attrition. Look at the John Molina fight. I don't see Rios losing an inside fight against Matthysse. And Matthysse isn't a mover. Rios would find him easy.

Only major disadvantage is Rios' lack of power at 140. Great at 135. He's got power but he wouldn't be the bigger hitter at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
      I don't know. Matthysse is easily sucked into an inside war of attrition. Look at the John Molina fight. I don't see Rios losing an inside fight against Matthysse. And Matthysse isn't a mover. Rios would find him easy.

Only major disadvantage is Rios' lack of power at 140. Great at 135. He's got power but he wouldn't be the bigger hitter at 140.
      He just like getting caught on the inside but thats where he enjoys it, he isn't a medium to long range fighter, he has a superior jab to and a better left hook.

All in all, it's a close fight and the edge is with Matt but I'm not saying rios has no chance cos he does, especially if he can wear down the smaller man.

Comment

Originally posted by Juanma9 View Post
        They'll put Rios in with Pac before they even think about Matthysse.
        Yup, you called it.

Comment

Matthysse would beat Rios, I have no doubt in my mind

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            He just like getting caught on the inside but thats where he enjoys it, he isn't a medium to long range fighter, he has a superior jab to and a better left hook.

All in all, it's a close fight and the edge is with Matt but I'm not saying rios has no chance cos he does, especially if he can wear down the smaller man.
            Last thing...

Look at how much boxing and moving and work rate Manny Pacquiao had to do just to beat Rios.

I just don't see Matthysse outboxing Rios.

Comment

Matthysse TKO 9.

Comment

it would be target practice for matthysse.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                  Oh, he's hurtable.

I think Rios is tougher and the better inside fighter.
                  Check the date son, that comment was made in 2012...

Comment

Credit to John Molina and his tremendous heart, chin, and above average power, but the fact that Matthysse went life & death with him through the first half or whatever of tonight's fight -- that doesn't bode well for him. Rios is a better fighter than Molina, period.

And Rios is a gotdamn zombie. You could blast that f**ker with a 12 gauge and he'll still keep coming forward. Hasn't been stopped in 34 career fights. Even with as much power as Lucas got, I doubt he stops Bam Bam's zombie ass. And Rios can punch, man. If Molina can bring down Lucas then so can Rios.

I'm not saying Rios would win but it would be a tough as **** fight for Matthysse. Anybody who thinks it would be easy is high as f**k and apparently missed tonight's fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      Credit to John Molina and his tremendous heart, chin, and above average power, but the fact that Matthysse went life & death with him through the first half or whatever of tonight's fight -- that doesn't bode well for him. Rios is a better fighter than Molina, period.

And Rios is a gotdamn zombie. You could blast that f**ker with a 12 gauge and he'll still keep coming forward. Hasn't been stopped in 34 career fights. Even with as much power as Lucas got, I doubt he stops Bam Bam's zombie ass. And Rios can punch, man. If Molina can bring down Lucas then so can Rios.

I'm not saying Rios would win but it would be a tough as **** fight for Matthysse. Anybody who thinks it would be easy is high as f**k and apparently missed tonight's fight.
                      rios isn't known for massive power, and say what you want about john molina, dude can crack and is known for it

rios has never faced a guy with lucas' power, and lucas has faced guys with rios power

Comment

Working...
                      X