No announcement yet.

Who's greater? Froch or Calzaghe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    nobody, but pascal was later the top guy at 175 on the strength of his win over dawson.

i'll also add that i dont think the losses aren't being discussed enough.

froch couldn't do a damn thing with andre ward. he lost close to kessler, who ward had just destroyed. and i also thought he was hit with the more effective punches by dirrell, but dirrell held and ran all night, and you could make the argument either way.
    Yeah, I'd argue Pascal was "elite" solely on the basis of the other so called "elites" on their resume.

So now it's 3-2 if you don't include Charles Brewer ( )

But that's neither here nor there.

As for Dirrell, I scored it for Dirrell too but it was close. That fight showed that Dirrell is a good fighter despite the fact he was unproven. His performances against Froch and Abraham showed me he's a top guy at 168.

Comment

• I want Chavez JR too move up to lhw like he should be at and fight Froch at 175. This fight would be epic lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Ranked means little to me as it relates to divisions. As you said, Jermain Taylor was ranked #5. What had he done to be #5? Not a goddamn thing.
        Well, we're talking about contenders beaten aren't we? Surely that's going to have to be going off the contenders in the rankings?

You said Calzaghe has beaten double that Froch has (False) when in actual fact they have beaten round or about the same.

And Taylor got his ranking (In The Ring's eyes) because of his win over Lacy in the Eliminator.

Similar to how Ryan Rhodes got his #5 ranking at JMW a year or so ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Well, we're talking about contenders beaten aren't we? Surely that's going to have to be going off the contenders in the rankings?

You said Calzaghe has beaten double that Froch has (False) when in actual fight they have beaten round or about the same.

And Taylor got his ranking (In The Ring's eyes) because of his win over Lacy in the Eliminator.

Similar to how Ryan Rhodes got his #5 ranking at JMW a year or so ago.
          Contenders as ranked by who? That's a terrible argument. Jermain Taylor was a bum at 168, I don't care who or what ranking he had. That's like me hyping up Calzaghe cuz he beat a fellow champ in Byron Mitchell. BTW I'm pretty sure Joe beat up more than five contenders at 168 - and if he didn't - that 's because ex-champs hardly get ranked. But Manfredo, Sheika, Brewer, Woodhall, Bika, Kessler, Veit, Robin Reid and the aforementioned Mitchell are just a few names off the top of my head.

Comment

• BTW if Taylor is some legit win because he beat Lacy then what does that make Jones for Calzaghe? A great win? Calzaghe whitewashed Jones while Taylor struggled with Froch. And Jones destroyed Lacy even worse than Taylor did.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Yeah, I'd argue Pascal was "elite" solely on the basis of the other so called "elites" on their resume.

So now it's 3-2 if you don't include Charles Brewer ( )

But that's neither here nor there.

As for Dirrell, I scored it for Dirrell too but it was close. That fight showed that Dirrell is a good fighter despite the fact he was unproven. His performances against Froch and Abraham showed me he's a top guy at 168.

i watched the fight the other day, actually, to give me a refresher for an nsb discussion. otherwise i hadn't seen it since it was live on showtime. sh#t fight, rofl. dirrell has real steam on his shots, too, especially when he gets full extension. he's an amazing athlete. if theyt didn't hit eachother in the face in this sport i'd say he's the good

he even got abraham's respect, and his chin is even better than froch. (also revisited this one the other day. it was heating up before the crazyness and was a nice little fight.)

if andre dirrell had his brother's mental toughness he'd really be one to look out for. he's one of the best pure talents in boxing for sure. great speed and real power.

Comment

Contenders as ranked by who? That's a terrible argument. Jermain Taylor was a bum at 168, I don't care who or what ranking he had. That's like me hyping up Calzaghe cuz he beat a fellow champ in Byron Mitchell. BTW I'm pretty sure Joe beat up more than five contenders at 168 - and if he didn't - that 's because ex-champs hardly get ranked. But Manfredo, Sheika, Brewer, Woodhall, Bika, Kessler, Veit, Robin Reid and the aforementioned Mitchell are just a few names off the top of my head.
                The Ring Magainze. That's the consensus on what's gone by for the ranking, is it not?

Again, Taylor would a world title eliminator so he's going to be ranked in the Top 10 I.e Ryan Rhodes. And more recently Olusegun at JWW.

Byron Mitchell, as poor as he was, is up there with the Richie Woodhalls of Calzaghe's best wins Which is of course, laughable.

You're mistaken.

Bika, Veit and Sheika weren't in the top 10 when he fought them.

Brewer, Woodhall, Reid, Kessler, Lacy and Manfredo were ( At some of those names. Some of them coming off loss's aswell) I think Mitchell may have been aswell.

So again, no, he doesn't have double the amount of Froch and he may even have less now, thinking about it.
                Last edited by IronDanHamza; 11-13-2012, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Calzaghe .. and it is very obvious
                  I am not American or british , and I am not fan of either
                  but it is very obvious that Calzaghe is the better boxer and has stronger resume !!

Comment

BTW if Taylor is some legit win because he beat Lacy then what does that make Jones for Calzaghe? A great win? Calzaghe whitewashed Jones while Taylor struggled with Froch. And Jones destroyed Lacy even worse than Taylor did.
                    Taylor's a legit win because he was the favourite and favoured to not only win, but with ease.

I'm answering your question as to why he was ranked at #5 when Froch from him; Because of his fight with Lacy which was a World Title Eliminator.

Comment

• Froch beloved and the peoples champion. Calzaghe hated, and the peoples turd.

Comment

Working...
                      X