No announcement yet.

How many of the top 10 ATG Hw's will be favorites against Current Wladimir

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    I disagree. Wlad was landing almost at will. His percentage was extremely high. Can't really see Lewis landing more punches - actually I think he would land less.

But I do give it Lennox would try to come inside and land a big uppercut. He might have success in that but I doubt he would take Wach out. Wach has much better chin than Mavrovic (I watched many Mavrovic fights as he is fighter from region where I come from).
    Suppose it depends if unmotivated lewis or motivated lewis turned up

Since Lewis usually always went after big opponents with a vengence I think it'd be motivated lewis, considering how static and 0 defence Wach was, I predict he gets hit with the following 1-2 over and over again, with some uppercuts mixed in for good measure, and eventually falls before the 12, simmilar to the way David Haye took out Derick "iron chin" chisora, with punches chisora didnt see

Comment

I listed the first six to be favourites against Vladimir. But as I was choosing I couldn't help but feel how he could beat any of them. That's testament to just how good Vladimir Klitschko is. He looked incredible at times last night. Wach currently has the best chin in the heavyweight division, anyone one else would have fallen.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        Suppose it depends if unmotivated lewis or motivated lewis turned up

Since Lewis usually always went after big opponents with a vengence I think it'd be motivated lewis, considering how static and 0 defence Wach was, I predict he gets hit with the following 1-2 over and over again, with some uppercuts mixed in for good measure, and eventually falls before the 12, simmilar to the way David Haye took out Derick "iron chin" chisora, with punches chisora didnt see

Possible but not very likly. Wach had his guard up all the time and he wasn't wild as chisora was against haye. Chisora fought very stupid fight against haye. He tried to bully him with absolutely no respect to his power.
        He was the one who was pushing the action.

Wach tactics was totally oposite and man he can take a punch.
        I can only imagine foreman or tyson ko him.

Comment

Possible but not very likly. Wach had his guard up all the time and he wasn't wild as chisora was against haye. Chisora fought very stupid fight against haye. He tried to bully him with absolutely no respect to his power.
          He was the one who was pushing the action.

Wach tactics was totally oposite and man he can take a punch.
          I can only imagine foreman or tyson ko him.
          Wach was cumbersome. A slow-moving punch bag.

Lewis would have definitely put him away, throwing punches in bunches and, as Earl states, by fighting on the inside.

Wladimir's performance was great, don't get me wrong; but Wach did nothing. It's hardly surprising, though, the guy is flawed (i.e. terrible defence, slow-moving, bad footwork, no technique). FFS, his best win was against Tye Fields.

Also, why the hell don't fighters throw the uppercut anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
            Wach was cumbersome. A slow-moving punch bag.

Lewis would have definitely put him away, throwing punches in bunches and, as Earl states, by fighting on the inside.

Wladimir's performance was great, don't get me wrong; but Wach did nothing. It's hardly surprising, though, the guy is flawed (i.e. terrible defence, slow-moving, bad footwork, no technique). FFS, his best win was against Tye Fields.

Also, why the hell don't fighters throw the uppercut anymore?
            I am not saying Wach is some top class fighter. I am arguing he can take punch and sorry I don't see lennox ko him. It would be brutal UD12, similar to what wlad did but not ko.

Comment

I am not saying Wach is some top class fighter. I am arguing he can take punch and sorry I don't see lennox ko him. It would be brutal UD12, similar to what wlad did but not ko.

Wladimir could have got the stoppage, if he'd thrown some punches to the body. He would have probably got him out of there if he hadn't been head-hunting all night.

That's the difference, IMO. Lennox threw shots to the body, could fight on the inside and used the uppercut (under-used today).

Anyway, it was complete domination. I was impressed with Wlad. He was ultra aggressive; although he did leave himself open to the right-hand.

Comment

This thread once again proves how vastly over rated Mike Tyson is.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  It's not just power

who has Wlad faced who has the speed of Tyson

who has Wlad faced who applies the tempo of tyson

who has wlad faced who throws combinations like tyson

who has wlad faced who has the confidence of tyson

who has wlad faced who slips punches and has the head movement of tyson
                  Put the question different, who has Tyson faced that had the combined size and skillset of Wladimir? Only Lewis, and he lost to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
                    Put the question different, who has Tyson faced that had the combined size and skillset of Wladimir? Only Lewis, and he lost to him.
                    Its difficult to know how any of these fights would go. Especially as we didnt see either Tyson or Wlad face great opposition.

But we know Tysons chin was great. His speed and power were great. Wlad doesnt have the best chin. So id favour Tyson, IF he could get to Wlad.
                    But Wlad may also just pummel Tyson for 12 rounds, and tie him up on the inside all night.

Thats the only reason i think many of the greats had a good chance against Wlad. His chin aint great, and he is still unproven against great opposition.

Comment

Wlad would have a good chance against Louis, Frazier and Marciano. The others beat him.

Comment

Working...
                      X