Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    and there you have it, the moment Boxingscene officially jumped the shark

Wladamir Klitschko would outpoint the entire ATG list "pretty easily"

I corrected that 'pretty' quickly. I think he'd out point most of them and stop a few. The toughest would be Lewis, although Lewis's level when champion was less consistent than Wlad truth be told.

Comment

Originally posted by mannyman View Post
      I dont rate Wlad but we have to give him due. He beats everybody in front of him but always does just enough. He should have KO'd that bum he fought last night but wasn't prepared to take a risk.

I would favour Lewis due to his size and boxing skills... A prime Lewis would knock Wlad TFO.

TBH i wouldn't favour any of the others. Maybe Ali.
      That and everything you said is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by SPREAD View Post
        That and everything you said is correct.

Wlad did the best he could to get Wach out of there. The guy was pounded but had a chin of steel.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
          Wlad did the best he could to get Wach out of there. The guy was pounded but had a chin of steel.
          I don't really see any HW taking out Wach from the last night.. Maybe prime Foreman and Tyson.

Comment

Damn near all of them

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
              I don't really see any HW taking out Wach from the last night.. Maybe prime Foreman and Tyson.
              Had it not already happened people would say that about the Briggs that Vitali fought

But he had been sparked out, and Lewis did it by throwing combinations from angles that Briggs couldn't see coming.

He could see everything Wlad threw at him because the punches dont come in from angles.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                Had it not already happened people would say that about the Briggs that Vitali fought

But he had been sparked out, and Lewis did it by throwing combinations from angles that Briggs couldn't see coming.

He could see everything Wlad threw at him because the punches dont come in from angles.
                I disagree. Wlad was landing almost at will. His percentage was extremely high. Can't really see Lewis landing more punches - actually I think he would land less.

But I do give it Lennox would try to come inside and land a big uppercut. He might have success in that but I doubt he would take Wach out. Wach has much better chin than Mavrovic (I watched many Mavrovic fights as he is fighter from region where I come from).
                Last edited by Simurgh; 11-11-2012, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                  I disagree. Wlad was landing almost at will. His percentage was extremely high. Can't really see Lewis landing more punches - actually I think he would land less.

But I do give it Lennox would try to come inside and land a big uppercut. He might have success in that but I doubt he would take Wach out. Wach has much better chin than Mavrovic (I watched many Mavrovic fights as he is fighter from region where I come from).
                  I'm glad you mentioned Zjelko Mavrovich because last night's fight reminded me of that Lennox bout. Zjelko was a little tougher than expected although Lewis won handily. Wach is no great shakes and Wlad doesn't enhance his legacy with this win but he continues to win. Arguably a top 15 HW, and I could see him creeping inside the top 10 before it's all done. Who knows?

Comment

Lewis, Foreman, Tyson and Holyfield I would certainly favour over Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      I'm glad you mentioned Zjelko Mavrovich because last night's fight reminded me of that Lennox bout. Zjelko was a little tougher than expected although Lewis won handily. Wach is no great shakes and Wlad doesn't enhance his legacy with this win but he continues to win. Arguably a top 15 HW, and I could see him creeping inside the top 10 before it's all done. Who knows?
                      H2H and resume is two different things. Wlad is unfortunate to be among fighters who are not willing to fight each another to define the best. All of them are just aiming to fight K2.

Wlad won more convincingly over Wach than Lennox won over Zeljko. I find Zeljko slightly better fighter and Wach more durable, and better chin fighter.

Wlad looked slightly better, but I give same credit for both wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X