Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of the top 10 ATG Hw's will be favorites against Current Wladimir

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually Wladimir is a genius at boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cállate! View Post
      nope, merciano and joe louis are the only ones listed that i would favor over wlad
      Marciano is an ATG but the heaviest he fought was 190 which barley makes him a cruiserweight by todays standards. He also stood 5'11.

Wlad stands 6'6 and last night weight 247lbs. I dont think RM could cope with that size deficit.

Comment

There is no way Frazier or Marciano beat Wladimir.

Also these four:
        Ali,Tyson,Wlad,Lennox can all beat each other.

Wladimir can KO Lennox.
        Lennox can KO Wladimir
        Tyson can KO Ali
        Ali can UD Tyson
        Etc.

But to think that a Frazier or Marciano beats Wlad is a joke.

Comment

I think Wlad could outpoint all of them with his exceptional size to movement, jab and heavy right hand. Would probably stop a few also.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
            I think Lennox/Wlad could outpoint all of them with his exceptional size to movement, jab and heavy right hand. Would probably stop a few also.
            It's shocking how great of a trainer Manny was.
            Wladimir with an upper cut, a couple combos, and longer hair will essentially be Lennox.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
              I think Wlad could outpoint all of them pretty easily, with his exceptional size to movement, jab and heavy right hand. Would probably stop a few also.
              and there you have it, the moment Boxingscene officially jumped the shark

Wladamir Klitschko would outpoint the entire ATG list "pretty easily"

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                It's shocking how great of a trainer Manny was.
                Wladimir with an upper cut, a couple combos, and longer hair will essentially be Lennox.
                Although they have a few similarities they are still quite different boxers. They both have a strong Manny's fingerprint.

I wouldn't favor any HW over them except Ali. Prime Ali just had too much of everything for any fighter ever lived...

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  I think there are a few people on this board who don't understand just how many levels there is between Marusz Wach and someone like Joe Frazier.

On the all time list there is probably more than a thousand other heavyweights between them.
                  Yeah, it really makes you wonder about some of these guys. They talk about Wlad destroying these big guys, then you go and watch these 'big guys' and they are lumbering piles and of dog****.

Some people just don't seem to understand that true quality shines through despite adversity. Guys like Wack, The Nipple, Adamek, Chambers, Thompson, every other opponent, are utter trash in comparison to someone of Frazier's abilities.

The size thing seems to come into play in a big way, but when the very solid 135/140 pound top ten contender Adolpho Viruet went in to fight a big Ray Leonard at 147, he got destroyed like never before. He was a top five/ten contender for some time ie as good as today's top heavyweight contenders are (Wack, Arreola, Chambers etc). What these guys are arguing is that beating the breaks off Adolpho Viruet is similar to fighting Roberto Duran.

Duran moved up from 118 pounds, became long time champ at 135, then moved up again to 147 and still beat Leonard despite the height and reach disadvantage. Quality shines through. The difference between all the guys Wlad is fighting and guys like Frazier, Tyson, Ali, is the same as the difference between Roberto Duran and Adolpho Viruet.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                    Although they have a few similarities they are still quite different boxers. They both have a strong Manny's fingerprint.

I wouldn't favor any HW over them except Ali. Prime Ali just had too much of everything for any fighter ever lived...
                    Except a prime fired up Frazier.

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
                      It's time to give the man his dues.

Lennox Lewis is the only one I favor over him. That being Lennox is just as big, have a longer reach, have more inside game, and better combinations. But outside of Lennox, at best it's 50-50.

Wlad vs Tyson 50-50
                      Wlad vs Young Foreman 50-50
                      Wlad vs Ali 50-50
                      Wlad vs Frazier 70-30
                      Wlad vs Marciano 90-10
                      Wlad vs Holmes 50-50
                      Wlad vs Joe Louis 70-30
                      Wlad vs Evander Holyfield 50-50
                      Wlad vs Riddick Bowe (even though Bowe's not top 10) 50-50
                      Foreman only 50/50, don't be stupid if Foreman lands one just one punch like Wach did last night in the 5th........ its over.

Prime Ali would find a way to school Wlad aswell, I'd favour Ali, I think people forget that Wlad fights awful opposition on home soil.

Comment

Working...
                      X