Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dib Officially Off Cotto-Trout, Velez in Place, Ponce in?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it is Ponce, Velez will be handed his second loss. He was already dominated by Jose Beranza who was robbed in that fight.

Comment

Haymon 10

Curtis 8

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Haymon 10

Curtis 8
          I see it being like this for a while. 50 just gotta lick his wounds and keep on pressuring. The new kid at school usually gets ignored and has to go outta his way to make friends. However, it doesn't help that he's already started playing pranks on some of the more popular kids in his grade, so he can get attention.

It's rare anyway when there's three promotional companies on one card, so this isn't unexpected. I think Gamboa and Dirrell aren't going to get their career stalled, but Dib is another story.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            I see it being like this for a while. 50 just gotta lick his wounds and keep on pressuring. The new kid at school usually gets ignored and has to go outta his way to make friends. However, it doesn't help that he's already started playing pranks on some of the more popular kids in his grade, so he can get attention.

It's rare anyway when there's three promotional companies on one card, so this isn't unexpected. I think Gamboa and Dirrell aren't going to get their career stalled, but Dib is another story.
            He not making big dollars off Dib anyway.

His two aces are Gamboa and Dirrell; and Haymon and GBP don't have enough firepower in those divisions to blackball him out of the sport.

Comment

His two aces are Gamboa and Dirrell; and Haymon and GBP don't have enough firepower in those divisions to blackball him out of the sport.
              GBP/Haymon have zero firepower against Dirrell. Broner is the only GBP/Haymon fighter that fans are clamoring for Gamboa to fight, so 50 has a lot of breathing room, but it's best to tread carefully in the minefield. Too bad he can't go 3 for 3.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                GBP/Haymon have zero firepower against Dirrell. Broner is the only GBP/Haymon fighter that fans are clamoring for Gamboa to fight, so 50 has a lot of breathing room, but it's best to tread carefully in the minefield. Too bad he can't go 3 for 3.
                Wasn't he supposed to sign Zab too?

Comment

Wasn't he supposed to sign Zab too?
                  I remember Zab and Berto supposedly being signed to TMT, but it doesn't seem like it actually happened.

I don't think signing Judah at this point in his career would've been an intelligent move for an up-and-coming promoter to make. Gamboa and Dirrell have a bright future if they can maximize their potential, while Zab is already past-prime.

Comment

I dunno, Dib at least has a belt; while both Dirrell and Gamboa are both fighters that have name recognition, they both have been on the backburner far too long and have no hype under their wings. Dib can at least call the shots for a fight because of the belt, otherwise Fifty, Dirrell, and Gamboa have absolutely zero bargaining power.

Comment

ponce in would be good but less than a month to train?

Comment

Working...
                      X