Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 50 Cent: Ellerbe a Bum, Floyd Jr. a Punk - Fight Gamboa!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
    Damn, you ain't need to go all in detail like that. LOL. Ok, in my opinion, Encore was a decent album. But it ends there. It had lots of average songs, but a few amazing ones.

Relapse and Recovery -- the magic he had in the past just wasn't there to me. Again, it's only with the Bad vs. Evil EP where I heard him really hungry on the songs. As a lyricist, I do think he's better than all 4. But he hasn't been showing it and is just not active enough like the rest. And unlike in his prime, he gets like very little attention in urban areas. When he was in his prime, his work was banging in both sides (urban and suburban). Encore was the beginning of the decline.

I think Bad vs. Evil was kind of a resurrection for him. I can't remember the last time I heard him that hungry! Same with Royce Da 5'9. I haven't heard Royce spit like that in yeaaaaaars.
    I agree. His fire was there on Underground, the verses were a lot like Criminal from MMLP. Bad Meets Evil was dope though. He went in on Welcome To Hell, Fast Lane, Loud Noises, and Echo.

Apparently he's spitting some serious s**t on his recent music that he's recording. According to Royce, he was saying he doesn't know how the world is going to react to everything Em is spitting during the recording of his next album.

I thought Em's fire was evident on Almost Famous, Here We Go, Won't Back Down, No Love, Cinderella Man, and Seduction.

What is hard for Em is living up to those first 3 albums, all certified classics in hip hop. Encore was solid, it just had a few weak tracks in my opinion (Big Weenie, Ass Like That, My First Single), unlike his first 3 which were as close to flawless as you can be in my book. And it had some average moments (Puke, Rain Man, Just Lose It, Spend Some Time) and it had some really good moments too (Never Enough, Yellow Brick Road, Like Toy Soldiers, Mosh, Mockingbird). I've always thought if he'd just taken Big Weenie, My First Single, and Ass Like That off the album, and added We As Americans, Love You More, and Ricky Ricky Toc, it would have elevated it much higher with simple changes like that.

Relapse was pretty good, his weakest album in my book. Too many accents that weren't needed in my opinion. Had some crappy moments (My Mom, Bagpipes From Baghdad, Same Song and Dance, We Made You), some average moments (Insane, Medicine Ball, Must be the Ganja), and some really good moments (3AM, Deja Vu, Beautiful, Underground).

Recovery was dope I thought, his word play was on fire, he got rid of the accents, and his fire was there to me on a ton of songs. I didn't hear any really weak moments at all. He some average moments (White Trash Party and So Bad) but some really really good moments (Going Through Changes, Seduction, Space Bound, Almost Famous, Here We Go). Also, have you checked out the bonus tracks for Recovery, Ridaz and Session One??? Very dope. Ridaz was produced by Dre and it took me back to the 2002 Em on the Eminem Show. Very dope.

Hopefully Em has another 2-3 albums left for us.
    Last edited by 4Corners; 11-03-2012, 03:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
      In regards to the Marquez fight, it was always a joke fight with Floyd no matter how he fared against Manny. They could fight at hw and immediately will still give him problems. Two other fights at different weights proves that. However, Floyd fighting a two fight lightweight is still a joke when their were better options out there in the welterweight division.
      This is his fourth fight against Marquez, how is that not a joke? I can't imagine what you would say if Floyd fought the same opponent for a fourth time! LOL.

Comment

I have tons to contribute but nobody wants to talk about anything but Floyd, so seeing as how this is a boxing forum and I use it to pass time, I speak my word. Burner tonight tried to make the same claim you just did, but he ran like a ***** when I upped threads I created about other fighters, threads that get overlooked. You too can speak your piece in those, but will you?

In regards to the Marquez fight, it was always a joke fight with Floyd no matter how he fared against Manny. They could fight at hw and jmm will still give him problems. Two other fights at different weights proves that. However, Floyd fighting a two fight lightweight is still a joke when their were better options out there in the welterweight division.
        The best options were Manny and Mosley at the time. Floyd-Pac, the same old crap happened back then, and Floyd fought Mosley, at a time everyone said he should and when everyone said he was avoiding him.

So if Marquez goes up to the same weight arguably beats the arguable #1 WW in the world, Floyd shouldn't get credit for shutting him out at the same weight??? Whatever you say man....

Comment

This is his fourth fight against Marquez, how is that not a joke? I can't imagine what you would say if Floyd fought the same opponent for a fourth time! LOL.
          Well Pac and Marquez are warriors, so I don't mind it very much. I enjoy it every time they clash. Floyd already dominated Marquez even though he made him come up multiple weight classes and still cheated the scales. But I think Floyd beats him at any weight regardless.

Anyway this little beef is hilarious. Can't wait till 50 leaks out the pics of him banging Miss Jackson.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            I agree. His fire was there on Underground, the verses were a lot like Criminal from MMLP. Bad Meets Evil was dope though. He went in on Welcome To Hell, Fast Lane, Loud Noises, and Echo.

Apparently he's spitting some serious s**t on his recent music that he's recording. According to Royce, he was saying he doesn't know how the world is going to react to everything Em is spitting during the recording of his next album.

I thought Em's fire was evident on Almost Famous, Here We Go, Won't Back Down, No Love, Cinderella Man, and Seduction.

What is hard for Em is living up to those first 3 albums, all certified classics in hip hop. Encore was solid, it just had a few weak tracks in my opinion (Big Weenie, Ass Like That, My First Single), unlike his first 3 which were as close to flawless as you can be in my book. And it had some average moments (Puke, Rain Man, Just Lose It, Spend Some Time) and it had some really good moments too (Yellow Brick Road, Like Toy Soldiers, Mosh, Mockingbird). I've always thought if he'd just taken Big Weenie, My First Single, and Ass Like That off the album, and added We As Americans, Love You More, and Ricky Ricky Toc, it would have elevated it much higher with simple changes like that.

Relapse was pretty good, his weakest album in my book. Too many accents that weren't needed in my opinion. Had some crappy moments (My Mom, Bagpipes From Baghdad, Same Song and Dance, We Made You), some average moments (Insane, Medicine Ball, Must be the Ganja), and some really good moments (3AM, Deja Vu, Underground).

Recovery was dope I thought, his word play was on fire, he got rid of the accents, and his fire was there to me on a ton of songs. I didn't hear any really weak moments at all. He some average moments (White Trash Party and So Bad) but some really really good moments (Going Through Changes, Seduction, Space Bound, Almost Famous, Here We Go). Also, have you checked out the bonus tracks for Recovery, Ridaz and Session One??? Very dope. Ridaz was produced by Dre and it took me back to the 2002 Em on the Eminem Show. Very dope.

Hopefully Em has another 2-3 albums left for us.

I really hope Royce is right about that! I haven't heard Ridaz yet, I've just been so disappointed with each album. I'll check the bonus cuts out though. Speaking of Dre, I wish Em worked with better producers. I do agree that it's not easy for him to live up to those first three albums.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              The best options were Manny and Mosley at the time. Floyd-Pac, the same old crap happened back then, and Floyd fought Mosley, at a time everyone said he should and when everyone said he was avoiding him.

So if Marquez goes up to the same weight arguably beats the arguable #1 WW in the world, Floyd shouldn't get credit for shutting him out at the same weight??? Whatever you say man....
              Don't play the what if game. Its pointless. The facts remain, there were options at 147 and Floyd chose a guy who spent his career at 126 and had two fights at lightweight, as his next welter weight opponent. And still had to cheat the guy on the scales. When he fought Mosley, the guy was 38 and well out of his prime. Not a coincidence, just like its not at all a coincidence he "retired" all of 08 when the division peaked. Its time you hop off the Floyd dilz, everyone else is starting to realize how much of a joke his career past 135 has been.

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                I can understand that, the statement came from my own experiences here in NYC seeing a ton of mofo's with Heat apparel one day to the next when bosh and lebron signed up..I had one fool tell me he was a fan of the heat since the 90's but couldn't name 5 notable players on their roster before dwayne wade.
                Good Post, but like Old Soldiers, thet just Fade Away....treir window of opportunity, and Popularity is not too long. I loved Ali, but wasen't a Fan, I bet against him with Holmes,
                as I did with Bradley, beating Pac. I've ejoyed the Greatness of many Fighters, and Teams...., but the last fighters I was really a Fan of was Louis, SRR, and Archie Moore.
                It was a Youth thing..., but I still Think that Boxing Greatness is Linked to Fighters Testing themselves against the best of their era, and if their unwilling, to do so, I think they should have been Tennis Players....

Comment

I really hope Royce is right about that! I haven't heard Ridaz yet, I've just been so disappointed with each album. I'll check the bonus cuts out though. Speaking of Dre, I wish Em worked with better producers. I do agree that it's not easy for him to live up to those first three albums.
                  Well if it's anything similar to Hell The Sequel and what he spit on OUR HOUSE from the Slaughterhouse album, it should be dope.

He tried to branch out with Recovery, having a wide variety of producers aside from the usual, just he and Dre. But he's been in the studio with NO I.D. lately I guess, and I'd like to see him work more with the Alchemist and DJ Premier, two great producers. I'd like to see him work with Araabmuzik too.

Comment

If the three previous fights were close, why not? Its competition. Should the NBA and MLB reduce its championship series to one game? Should Morales and Barrera, Vasquez and Marquez, ward and gatti, Frazier and Ali have fought only one time?

You new booty sports fans are ****ing weird.

Comment

Don't play the what if game. Its pointless. The facts remain, there were options at 147 and Floyd chose a guy who spent his career at 126 and had two fights at lightweight, as his next welter weight opponent. And still had to cheat the guy on the scales. When he fought Mosley, the guy was 38 and well out of his prime. Not a coincidence, just like its not at all a coincidence he "retired" all of 08 when the division peaked. Its time you hop off the Floyd dilz, everyone else is starting to realize how much of a joke his career past 135 has been.
                      He tried to fight Mosley in 05-06.........were you not watching boxing back then??? I'm pretty sure you were, so I'm shocked you don't remember that.

Also, Manny was avoiding Mosley at the time Floyd fought him. Talk about short memory....

So beating Gatti, Judah, Baldomir, De La Hoya, Hatton, Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto is a joke??? Okay then......

How do you feel about Manny beating Diaz, De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, and Mosley??? Not to mention Margarito coming off a TKO loss to Mosley and at a CW of 150 for a vacant title???
                      Last edited by 4Corners; 11-03-2012, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X