Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Donaire surpass Manny in terms of greatness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt anyone would be able to surpass Manny's hype. Manny could very well be the biggest hype job of all times and reign for centuries.

Comment

prolly not, he is the better boxer IMO tho

Comment

Originally posted by DuttyAlacrity View Post
        prolly not, he is the better boxer IMO tho
        Thats a fact and not an opinion.

Comment

Pac has had a lot of drama the last couple of years......allegations and weight draining,etc. but no one can deny that his career has been one of the most successful careers in boxing history.

Donaire "can" surpass Pac but he is a LONG way from doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
            he is a 5 time champion in 3 divisions 112,118,122(won interim title at 115) 1 time lineal champ at 122,his resume is getting better and better,what do you think?
            a big no.

pac is not well known after he beats barrera/morales and other good and great

fighter at lower weights. at higher weight pac begin to shine.

some guys are HOF thats a big problem to donaire to have.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
              LMAO. Correction, 8 fights in total and he lost only once to Morales. Read my other post above and put your idol accomplishments side by side.
              Marquez 4.. Morales 3, barrera 2... Thats 9. One hasnt happened, hence "half" which is 4.. I actually watch boxing and it's up to debate. I dont just read boxrec. :P

Anyway, I already am familiar with your point of view with Pac and you obviously think every title was actually meaningful. And my idol? I'm horribly critical of Donaire, probably a bigger Pac fan but I have a pulse. I can actually, believe it or not, criticize a fighter who I like and I dont have to believe he's the goat. Shocker, I know. In terms of paper accomplishments, it'll be hard to beat Pac, but that doesn't mean he's the better talent. Keep your close minded point of view, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
                No. Not even one. Even a century from now on. Not even single person can achieve all this accomplishments in one single belt. This is a fact.

pro boxer at 16
                world champ at 19
                lineal champ at 19
                3 divisions champ by the age of 24
                2 lineal champ by 24
                8 divisions champ by 30 (first and only in the world)
                4 lineal champ by 30 (first and only in the world)
                p4p #1 in 5 years straight and top 10 p4p in 10 years
                3 times fighter of the year
                Fighter of the Decade
                fought from minimumweight up to light middleweight
                and so on

Now put Donaire accomplishments side by side vs Pacquiao accomplishments or any other boxers from the past or present. If there is any boxer has all the above accomplishments and then remain undefeated, became 9 divisions or 5 lineal champ then we can now say someone surpassed Pacquiao.
                at what point in making that list did you climax?

Comment

Sure.

All he needs to do is beat Wlad

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    you obviously haven't heard Manny's last album...its like heaven for your ears
                    i think i bled out from my ears hearing pac sing one time lol

Comment

Probably not to be honest. He's already 30 or something like that right? He's also not as big as a draw as Pac is in the US for some reason. He doesn't really have the opportunity to go through wars with Mexican legends like Pac did, that may be why.

Comment

Working...
                      X