Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Donaire surpass Manny in terms of greatness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Donaire surpass Manny in terms of greatness?

he is a 5 time champion in 3 divisions 112,118,122(won interim title at 115) 1 time lineal champ at 122,his resume is getting better and better,what do you think?

if he fights the best in every weight up to lightweight yeah. no paper champs like diaz and catch weights yes he can.

Comment

No he is much to old and small guys usually age poorly. On top of that Donaire is a guy who relies on his physical tools which he probably only has a couple more years before they really start to dull.

He would have to go nuts (like 6 good to great wins) the next couple years even to approach what Manny did in the lower weights (below 135).

Comment

I believe he already has, without loses to a couple of nobody's and current accomplishments; he is surpassing Pacquiao. If Donaire stays consistent, I do see him being the greatest Filipino boxer!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
          he is a 5 time champion in 3 divisions 112,118,122(won interim title at 115) 1 time lineal champ at 122,his resume is getting better and better,what do you think?
          He should face Names or title holders only. TBH he is at a stage where he should face the best. He has maybe 10 fights left in him, but it seems his ahnds are starting to bust up quite a bit.

Comment

Possibly. His reusme isn't ALL THAT for being 30 years old or so.

He's beaten Darchinyan, Maldonado, H. Marquez, Montiel, Mathebula, and Nishioka. He's got about 6 good wins so far that are worthy of being called good wins.

Manny's beaten Sasakul, Ledwaba, Barrera, Morales, Solis, Marquez, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, and "Bradley". There's 4 good wins over HOF fighters in there, and potentially more depending on if Hatton gets in someday and if Bradley continues to have success in his career.

Donaire has a long way to go. If he beats Mares/Moreno and than Rigondeaux, 122 is done. Than, go up to 126 and beat Salido and Garcia, and keep moving up in weight and beating the best, he can probably.

But he can probably only retain his speed and ability to a certain weight and a certain age. by the time Donaire is 33-34, 3-4 years from now, and he'll probably be at 130 or so, he'll be different. He needs to face only the absolute best from now on and the highly ranked fighters. No more Narvaez and Vazquez Jr's, or even no more Mathebula's.
            Last edited by 4Corners; 10-29-2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

I don't buy the Rigo **** BTW, Rigo will be exposed in my eyes, and I am sure one of the top guys will do it. Agbeko was calling Rigo out hard, and I hear nothing...

Comment

Most likely not. I can't see him doing so. He's already getting up there in age, and probably isn't concerned about doing what he would need to to enter that discussion.

Comment

Donaire is probably more skillful in terms of boxing but will he ever surpass or achieve the same as PAC? No.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
                    I think if Donaire cleans out 122/126/130, the argument can be made.

-Winner of Mares/Moreno and Rigo @122
                    -Winner of Salido/Garcia + Dib + Ponce De Leon + John @126

He's probably a full 2 years away from 130, and a lot can change in that time frame, so I won't include the title holders from that weight-class.

Comment

Working...
                    X