Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Donaire surpass Manny in terms of greatness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
    hard to beat pac's 4 lineal titles, and 7 world titles in 7 divisons..plus the other awards he's gotten like fighter of teh decade and 3 times fighter of the year, etc...but who knows..he's doing pretty good so far.
    Fighter of the decade

But seriously, no.

Pac came at the right time. The aging stars that Pac beat to get where he is today > The aging stars around where Nonito campaigns. No one Nonito can fight will be as good as a resume of Morales, Barrera, Marquez and to a lesser extent, Larios. Win, Lose or Draw those are powerful names to have on a resume and no one around Nonito has that kind of star power except Arce and Arce is just about done.

Rigo, Mares, Moreno, Juanma, Salido < Marquez, Morales, Barrera. Not even close.

Comment

if he KO rigo in rond 1, he surpasses pac

Comment

Originally posted by Thereranged View Post
        if he KO rigo in rond 1, he surpasses pac
        Poepl will call Rigo a chinny bum. Trust me. Cuban fighters get no love.

Comment

I think it's possible but only if he stays at 122 and continues to fight the best fighters available and continues to win. If he moves up and fights the best he will get some losses on his record. Ability wise he is maxed out at 122 in my opinion. He is almost 30 and his growing days are over.

Comment

In regards to my last post Donaire might continue to beat everyone at 126 but I think that's his upper limit and he will lose if he keeps fighting bigger and bigger fighters.

Comment

No. Not even one. Even a century from now on. Not even single person can achieve all this accomplishments in one single belt. This is a fact.

pro boxer at 16
              world champ at 19
              lineal champ at 19
              3 divisions champ by the age of 24
              2 lineal champ by 24
              8 divisions champ by 30 (first and only in the world)
              4 lineal champ by 30 (first and only in the world)
              p4p #1 in 5 years straight and top 10 p4p in 10 years
              3 times fighter of the year
              Fighter of the Decade
              fought from minimumweight up to light middleweight
              and so on

Now put Donaire accomplishments side by side vs Pacquiao accomplishments or any other boxers from the past or present. If there is any boxer has all the above accomplishments and then remain undefeated, became 9 divisions or 5 lineal champ then we can now say someone surpassed Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                Donaire is probably more skillful in terms of boxing but will he ever surpass or achieve the same as PAC? No.
                I think Donaire is more talented than Pac to be honest... Pac has done more but has also had a huge (and I mean HUGE) helping hand with the Arum hype train and fighting people at the right time and promoting said fights the right way, etc. pac has spent 9 fights on Morales, Barrera, and JmM... He's arguably lost almost half of those. No shame in it, but I just think Donaire has more talent and has (or should i say most likely will) have beaten less celebrated fighters who were closer legitimately to the top of the class than most of Pac's "big" wins were. Pac and Floyd both came in just as the "eras" were beginning to end and got to beat fighters who already had a name and were on their way out. They also had Oscar... Donaire has to beat a few very good fighters just to get the recognition Pac and Floyd get for beating a once good fighter whos still got a name.

Comment

I don't think Donaire can surpass Manny's hype.

Comment

I think everyone has a chance including floyd to be as great as pacquiao. (if he stops ducking)

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                      I think Donaire is more talented than Pac to be honest... Pac has done more but has also had a huge (and I mean HUGE) helping hand with the Arum hype train and fighting people at the right time and promoting said fights the right way, etc. pac has spent 9 fights on Morales, Barrera, and JmM... He's arguably lost almost half of those. No shame in it, but I just think Donaire has more talent and has (or should i say most likely will) have beaten less celebrated fighters who were closer legitimately to the top of the class than most of Pac's "big" wins were. Pac and Floyd both came in just as the "eras" were beginning to end and got to beat fighters who already had a name and were on their way out. They also had Oscar... Donaire has to beat a few very good fighters just to get the recognition Pac and Floyd get for beating a once good fighter whos still got a name.
                      LMAO. Correction, 8 fights in total and he lost only once to Morales. Read my other post above and put your idol accomplishments side by side.

Comment

Working...
                      X