No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher on your ATG LIST? Eric Morales or Floyd Mayweather jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I didn't consider either of them risky either but pretty much everyone considered Mosley a big risk. It was a fight that everyone claimed Mayweather was ducking and would never take. After the fight people considered him to be "passed it" and of course he wasn't his best. But that didn't seem to be an issue before the fight when a long list of people were accusing Mayweather of ducking him.

There was quite a list of people who even considered Mosley to be a bigger risk than Pacquaio, at the time.

Ortiz a much lesser scale, of course. But, he was the #2 ranked WW and was bigger, younger, stronger than anyone Mayweather had fought in a while.

He hasn't taken a risk on the scale of fighting Martinez. And ultimately that is the fight I want him to take. I'm just saying, I don't think it's fair to say he hasn't taken any risks at all.
    You're right, it wouldnt be fair to say he hasnt taken any risks at all. Like I said, although many considered Mosley to be a big risk, I didnt see it that way as he was way out of his prime, still tough and commited, but past his sell by date nonetheless. Ortiz ranking was a bit of a joke tbh.

I would love to have seen Floyd fight the best and strongest opposition out there, but he didnt really do that. His skill and ability are there for all to see, but he could have done so very much more.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
      You're right, it wouldnt be fair to say he hasnt taken any risks at all. Like I said, although many considered Mosley to be a big risk, I didnt see it that way as he was way out of his prime, still tough and commited, but past his sell by date nonetheless. Ortiz ranking was a bit of a joke tbh.

I would love to have seen Floyd fight the best and strongest opposition out there, but he didnt really do that. His skill and ability are there for all to see, but he could have done so very much more.
      He did it at 130 and 135.

140 run was lack luster but that of course was no fault of his own.

147-154 I think he has some very good wins. Could have been better, but could have been a lot worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
        Morales takes risk!! Floyd never! Morales gets my vote!

I want Morales to fight JMM(after Pac Kos him) in Mexico before he retires.
        Too bad he's scared to take the risk

Comment

• Mayweather by a country mile.

And lol @ the feelings being caught over an internet poll.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post

SSM was a risk, a risk to anyone hes ever fought but still lost 5 times. THe people who beat him risked it and dont get bravery honours so why should Floyd? If Floyd isnt going to fight SSM lost 5 times who is he gonna fight, its the least he can do. Floyd is suppposed to be one of the best so its his duty to fight SSM without kicking up a fuss after 2 fights in 5 years.

Yes Floyd could have done so much more. If he was seen to do all he could, he wouldnt be desperately fighting it oout with Morales who is better. The fact that he hasnt done all he could, no one should be complaining of FLoyd fighting a life and death battle with Morales.

Pac wont be fighting life and death poll battles with Morales as he beat him, not once, but twice destroying him the second time. And then going on to have a stellar career beating........no, destroying the likes of Miguel and conqueror of Sergio in Margarito etc etc.
            Last edited by hugh grant; 10-30-2012, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• I voted Floyd. Mayweather is ever so slightly ahead but the Morales' recent debacle with the drug testing (the B sample seems to have come back negative) makes it hard placing El Terrible on any sort of ATG list.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                I stopped reading this garbage post right there...
                I don't know why you can't consider ones name recognition when discussing their greatness. And Floyd's notoriety is not the only reason I say he's greater than Morales. His skillset and his accomplishments are the main reasons. His notoriety is just ONE of the reasons buddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                  I don't know why you can't consider ones name recognition when discussing their greatness. And Floyd's notoriety is not the only reason I say he's greater than Morales. His skillset and his accomplishments are the main reasons. His notoriety is just ONE of the reasons buddy.
                  Stating that Barrera is better than Floyd, is like saying that Hasim Rahman is better than both Lewis and Vitali Klitschko because he beats Lewis, who beats Klit.

Some of these Pac fan-boys are among the worst groupies ever.

When Pac robs JMM, it's a win. When Bradley creates a whole lot of problems to Pac with a broken foot, Bradley doesn't even deserve a rematch, because he "clearly lost".

Then threads like this are used to discredit Mayweather.

I'm not a fan of Floyd, but come on guys , this ain't even funny anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                    Morales has been knocked out more then Floyd
                    Morales has failed more drug tests then Floyd

Comment

• Morales overall fought tougher fights.

Morales has the better resume.

Floyd is the better fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X