Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher on your ATG LIST? Eric Morales or Floyd Mayweather jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see that one person posted and understood the question. It says who you rank higher on YOUR atg list. Everyone is entitled to their own atg list. I voted Morales. If someone ranks Morales higher on their list then so be it.

Comment

• There is nothing Morales could in the ring that's better than Floyd. All in there primes there Morales couldn't beat anybody who Floyd beat. Vice Versa Floyd beat anybody who Morales including Manny and easy at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Changed it for you.
        Anybody can make up excuses as to why a victory isn't good.

Comment

• Originally posted by grape drink View Post
          Anybody can make up excuses as to why a victory isn't good.
          They sure can and the 'finest' exponents of this dark art over the last 3 years have been floydiots who will basically crap on any win garnered by any fighter percieved as a threat to Floyd, safe in the knowledge that their man wont take risky fights. Bumsniffs, cowards and idiots, one and all. No exceptions.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
            They sure can and the 'finest' exponents of this dark art over the last 3 years have been floydiots who will basically crap on any win garnered by any fighter percieved as a threat to Floyd, safe in the knowledge that their man wont take risky fights. Bumsniffs, cowards and idiots, one and all. No exceptions.
            I don't think it's fair to say he won't take any risks.

I assume you're talking about post lay-off?

At the time he fought Mosley it was absolutely considered a risk and a fight everyone wanted to see.

People may not have globally wanted Ortiz-Mayweather but Ortiz was considered a risk aswell.

Comment

• To answer the question;

It's definitely Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I don't think it's fair to say he won't take any risks.

I assume you're talking about post lay-off?

At the time he fought Mosley it was absolutely considered a risk and a fight everyone wanted to see.

People may not have globally wanted Ortiz-Mayweather but Ortiz was considered a risk aswell.
                You got me there, although I didnt see Mosley or Ortiz as particularly risky. Mosley was a shadow of his former self(even allowing for the Marg win, which I think was a bit overrated) and Ortiz is just...well Ortiz. Floyd is what he is, he calculates his risks more than other fighters and is more concerned with his bottom line. Nothing too wrong with that as you're a long time retired, but unless he gets busy soon and starts taking meaningful fights as opposed to money ones, he will add nothing to a legacy that already leaves more questions than answers.

Comment

• Morales is a greater fighter but if only floyd isn't too scared to fight the best he could easily surpass morales.

Comment

• Morales of course, he did something that Floyd couldn't, thats beating Pacquiao... what kind of question is that?

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                      You got me there, although I didnt see Mosley or Ortiz as particularly risky. Mosley was a shadow of his former self(even allowing for the Marg win, which I think was a bit overrated) and Ortiz is just...well Ortiz. Floyd is what he is, he calculates his risks more than other fighters and is more concerned with his bottom line. Nothing too wrong with that as you're a long time retired, but unless he gets busy soon and starts taking meaningful fights as opposed to money ones, he will add nothing to a legacy that already leaves more questions than answers.
                      I didn't consider either of them risky either but pretty much everyone considered Mosley a big risk. It was a fight that everyone claimed Mayweather was ducking and would never take. After the fight people considered him to be "passed it" and of course he wasn't his best. But that didn't seem to be an issue before the fight when a long list of people were accusing Mayweather of ducking him.

There was quite a list of people who even considered Mosley to be a bigger risk than Pacquaio, at the time.

Ortiz a much lesser scale, of course. But, he was the #2 ranked WW and was bigger, younger, stronger than anyone Mayweather had fought in a while.

He hasn't taken a risk on the scale of fighting Martinez. And ultimately that is the fight I want him to take. I'm just saying, I don't think it's fair to say he hasn't taken any risks at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X