Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Naazim Discusses Garcia vs. Judah, Garcia vs. Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zab should present some problems, but Garcia is a young / strong / tough / 140 pounder - if Baldomir can touch Judah, Garcia will touch him, Zab kinda gives up in fights, Garcia is one of the best in the game with being able to catch you while your punching, Lucas Matthysse boxing ability is underrated ! Brawlers / sluggers barly touch top slick fighters and Matthysse has dropped Judah / sotto / Ajose - Judah and Ajose are slick fighters, sotto is a very good boxer, you gotta be good to touch those guys, Mathysse / Garcia / Rios very underrated boxers with major POP !!

Comment

Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
      Zab should present some problems, but Garcia is a young / strong / tough / 140 pounder - if Baldomir can touch Judah, Garcia will touch him, Zab kinda gives up in fights, Garcia is one of the best in the game with being able to catch you while your punching, Lucas Matthysse boxing ability is underrated ! Brawlers / sluggers barly touch top slick fighters and Matthysse has dropped Judah / sotto / Ajose - Judah and Ajose are slick fighters, sotto is a very good boxer, you gotta be good to touch those guys, Mathysse / Garcia / Rios very underrated boxers with major POP !!
      I was agreeing with you till you said Rios is an underrated boxer. Rios has ZERO boxing skills...

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        I think Garcia has the WBA not the WBO.

Anyway, I don't agree with Naazim saying Garcia's a better boxer than Matthysse. Garcia's punches are too wide and sloppy. Matthysse's punches IMO are more straight and more compact. I think Matthysse's boxing skills are sooooooooooo underrated. I think some people watch him and just see him as a pressure fighter. They don't appreciate the little things that he does in there.
        There's a guy over here who calls Garcia the "Lethal Left Hook" lmaoo !!
        IMO, there's no way Garcia beats Matthysse. I don't see Garcia's boxing skills...just a wild puncher, so i don't know what's Naazim talking about.

Like i said before, I'm not hating on Garcia, i give him kudos for beating Khan. He was the underdog that night. Still, he did not win because of his boxing skills. Period.

Comment

I have a feeling Garcia is going to shock a lot of people if this fight goes down. Garcia is a much better fighter than he is being given credit for at this juncture. If he can develop his right hand a little more he is gonna spell trouble for a lot of guys Mathysse included.

Comment

In other words and put frankly, I think it's safe to say the Richardson agrees that Garcia can't beat Mathysse.

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
              IMO, there's no way Garcia beats Matthysse. I don't see Garcia's boxing skills...just a wild puncher, so i don't know what's Naazim talking about.

Like i said before, I'm not hating on Garcia, i give him kudos for beating Khan. He was the underdog that night. Still, he did not win because of his boxing skills. Period.
              What word would you use to describe the left hooks he just landed on Khan and Morales? Name two better left hooks thrown all year by any other fighter ... I'll wait

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post

Spot on.
                Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                What word would you use to describe the left hooks he just landed on Khan and Morales? Name two better left hooks thrown all year by any other fighter ... I'll wait
                Come on man, we're talking about a toilet paper chin Khan and a shot to pieces Morales.

Hurt someone like Matthysse, JMM, Rios, Alvarado or even Peterson then we can talk about LETHAL. Like I said on another thread, Garcia is the perfect result of perfect matchmaking.

Comment

That left to Morales was a thing of beauty. I just wanted to stand up and start clapping saying "good form good form". And yes that is a reference to the movie Hook.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Come on man, we're talking about a toilet paper chin Khan and a shot to pieces Morales.

Hurt someone like Matthysse, JMM, Rios, Alvarado or even Peterson then we can talk about LETHAL. Like I said on another thread, Garcia is the perfect result of perfect matchmaking.
                    That's what i think. Khan was totally outboxing Garcia before that wild left hook. Kudos for Garcia for doing that, but he needs to prove he can do that against a guy like Matthysse or Marquez, If he can do that, he MUST be called the big dog @140.

Comment

Well, i can't. But....I can name more than two fighters that have faced a much better opposition all year, without making you wait.

Comment

Working...
                      X