Comments Thread For: Salido-Garcia, Juanma-Vazquez in Play For 2/2 in PR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by commodus View Post
    LOL @ all the people thinking Salido can beat Mikey
    why not? i'm still not sure who wins this fight but i wont be surprised if salido does,why cant he?

Comment

They should change the card and do Salido-Vázquez and García - López so it would be a México vs Puerto Rico double header. It would sell like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        He's one of the most underrated fighters in the sport today, no doubt.

The fact that no one gave him a chance in the first Lopez fight was a joke to me. People heavily criticized Lopez for it.

I thought Lopez would win but I knew Salido would at the very least test his will.

Great card ahead here.
        Admittedly, I didn't know much about Salido before he fought Gamboa. I became interested after that bout. It was clear that, although he lost to Yuri, "Siri" was a formidable fighter. Then came the wins against Lopez. A lot of people want to put JuanMa down after those defeats, but that just degrades Salido's achievement. Fact is, despite a questionable defense, Lopez is still a big win. Orlando pounded him twice.

Maybe Garcia is better than Salido. Hopefully we'll know the answer to that soon. But whatever happens, there's no doubt in my mind that Orlando is going to push the boundaries of Mikey's abilities. We'll see what Garcia is really made of. Salido climbed to the top the hard way. Someone's gonna have to pry that belt from his cold, dead fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Admittedly, I didn't know much about Salido before he fought Gamboa. I became interested after that bout. It was clear that, although he lost to Yuri, "Siri" was a formidable fighter. Then came the wins against Lopez. A lot of people want to put JuanMa down after those defeats, but that just degrades Salido's achievement. Fact is, despite a questionable defense, Lopez is still a big win. Orlando pounded him twice.

Maybe Garcia is better than Salido. Hopefully we'll know the answer to that soon. But whatever happens, there's no doubt in my mind that Orlando is going to push the boundaries of Mikey's abilities. We'll see what Garcia is really made of. Salido climbed to the top the hard way. Someone's gonna have to pry that belt from his cold, dead fingers.
          Salido's one of my favourite fighters today. He's tough, strong, can punch, great chin, skills. He's one of the most underrated fighters out there and I'm glad he's finally getting his respect, for the time being atleast.

First saw him against Robert Guerrero and despite the controversy surrounding it it doesn't take away the awesome and almost flawless performance from Salido.

I'm looking forward to the Garcia fight and Garcia is the favourite but Salido is going to bring it.

Like we discussed before, I just worry that Salido's decline is going to plummit very soon. He's definitely showing signs but he still has a lot left or so it seems.

Comment

Very good card. Like how Salido will go anywhere to make a fight happen. Hope it happens.

Comment

Salido is a beast, but Mikey would be way to good for him

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                Very good card. Like how Salido will go anywhere to make a fight happen. Hope it happens.
                Funny part is, that all 4 of them were in the same arena last time JuanMa fought.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                  He won't ko wv2 and salido forgot wv2 fought arce and donaire he has experience against hall of famers salido will lose to garcia
                  WV2 got stopped by little Arce and dropped by Donaire. He also got very hurt vs Oquendo wtf you talking about? Salido Kills WV2 and so does Juanma.
                  Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                  those scorecards were crazy,put it this way,if ref lets juanma continue and round 10 ends 10-8,then salido wins round eleven and knowing he's ahead just decides to take off round twelve,he still doesn't get the victory(according to the way the scores were at the moment)
                  He got some balls to be wanting to go back to PR and try to fight again. Seems like fighting a Puerto Rican in PR is like fighting in Texas.
                  Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  He's one of the most underrated fighters in the sport today, no doubt.

The fact that no one gave him a chance in the first Lopez fight was a joke to me. People heavily criticized Lopez for it.

I thought Lopez would win but I knew Salido would at the very least test his will.

Great card ahead here.
                  Anyone with common boxing knowledge would had not counted Salido out. Especially if they watched Juanma vs Marquez/Mtagwa. I knew his ass was gonna get stopped too, I called it.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    He got some balls to be wanting to go back to PR and try to fight again. Seems like fighting a Puerto Rican in PR is like fighting in Texas.
                    Salido's got stones, but not because he's going back to P.R. He's fighting another Mexican.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Salido's got stones, but not because he's going back to P.R. He's fighting another Mexican.
                      Oh yea, I know that. But I was talking about the last part of the article, where he says he will fight WV2 WHEREVER.

Comment

Working...
                      X