Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salido-Garcia, Juanma-Vazquez in Play For 2/2 in PR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now watch, if JuanMa wins, PRBOXINGIDIOT will say "That BUM Salido is ducking JuanMa" or something even more brain dead than that.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTown2Diego View Post
      I don't like this fight for JuanMa. Not the right time. He needs easier fights to work himself back. It's definitely a fight I want to see but JuanMa is not being done any favors. His team is putting him right back into what he needs to stay away from for the time being... another war.

Salido... Garcia... I'll believe it when I see it. Love both fighters. Can't really pull for either but I've got Mikey winning by SD.
      Yeah, I found WV2 a strange comeback fight for JuanMa, too. I wonder what the reasoning is. After a long layoff, you would think that an easy fight is advisable. Still, I have to give Lopez the edge. It won't look like a bad choice of opponent if JuanMa wins, that's for sure. But if he loses...

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Whatever happens, your boy will face his biggest test to date...by far. I like Mikey, but I don't think he gets through Salido. If he does, I think it's safe to say he's the top dog at 126.
        First hes gotta dismantle Barros, but then after that, it's Salido's turn. That's when the hate begins.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
          Will be the last time we see Salido, it was nice knowing ya.
          thats the same thing that was said in juanma rematch...garcia has never faced a top fighter,salido has,we don't know if garcia can take a punch,we know salido has been dropped but gets right up,and juanma hits hard,i don't think salido is that hard of a puncher,he's more of a volume puncher with avg power that wears you down,he just keeps coming and we'll see how mikey reacts to that,garcia at times seems to just stand there and not throw many combinations

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
            First hes gotta dismantle Barros, but then after that, it's Salido's turn. That's when the hate begins.
            We'll see, we'll see. I'll give props to anyone that beats Salido at 126, at this stage in his career. Mikey looks good, but it's much harder to look good when you step up the competition. Orlando will test him, at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
              thats the same thing that was said in juanma rematch...garcia has never faced a top fighter,salido has,we don't know if garcia can take a punch,we know salido has been dropped but gets right up,and juanma hits hard,i don't think salido is that hard of a puncher,he's more of a volume puncher with avg power that wears you down,he just keeps coming and we'll see how mikey reacts to that,garcia at times seems to just stand there and not throw many combinations
              The guy's like "The Terminator". I'm not trying to make Salido sound like a monster or some great fighter, but he is relentless. That goes a long way, especially if you're pretty capable in other departments.

Comment

Damn I might take me a trip to PR for this one. Debating on this or Mardi Gras a couple weeks later. Hmmmm!

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  I've pointed this out several times over the last couple of years. Salido started his pro career at age 15. I don't think he even had a single amateur fight. His losses are almost like a "reverse padding". Many people see all those losses and get the wrong impression.
                  He's one of the most underrated fighters in the sport today, no doubt.

The fact that no one gave him a chance in the first Lopez fight was a joke to me. People heavily criticized Lopez for it.

I thought Lopez would win but I knew Salido would at the very least test his will.

Great card ahead here.

Comment

LOL @ all the people thinking Salido can beat Mikey

Comment

This is a pretty great double header in Feb good job Top Rank. It should be a sell out crowd in PR for this one. Mikey better win in Nov.

Comment

Working...
                      X