Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia vs Brandon Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me garcia is more technically sound, has a good all around boxing skills, has good timing and great fire power. But I have more faith in Rios chin, hunger and power also. It'd be a difficult fight for danny considering rios' style. Danny doesn't move that much and box a lot, Rios will be there on his front all night long..

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
      For me garcia is more technically sound, has a good all around boxing skills, has good timing and great fire power. But I have more faith in Rios chin, hunger and power also. It'd be a difficult fight for danny considering rios' style. Danny doesn't move that much and box a lot, Rios will be there on his front all night long..
      That's the key right there. I think Alvarado is a harder puncher than Garcia too and I was shocked at how good Rios took them.

Comment

Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
          Not as simple as that. Theirs things a natural "technical" boxer like floyd would and could do to keep Rios at bay all night, and not get hit. Garcia doesn't have that type of skill.

No jab. No foot movement. No ability to fight on inside and spin opponent. No in and out movement. No ability to tie up and use old school tactics. No ability to smother him, quick pots shots, and move right back out. So many things Garcia lacks that Rios takes advantage of.
          I definitely think he has his flaws but u dont think Garcia's style kinda resembles some old school styles? there were plenty of plodders with their feet but were always on balance to throw will full power at all times, he doesn't move great and but he's his feet work with his hands to great power. He can fight inside a bit and has handled fighters much faster than him. He'd an old school offensive fighter I guess I'll say, his D isn't great but he will be able to hang with boxers IMO

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
            I definitely think he has his flaws but u dont think Garcia's style kinda resembles some old school styles? there were plenty of plodders with their feet but were always on balance to throw will full power at all times, he doesn't move great and but he's his feet work with his hands to great power. He can fight inside a bit and has handled fighters much faster than him. He'd an old school offensive fighter I guess I'll say, his D isn't great but he will be able to hang with boxers IMO
            Not calling him a bum. Just don't think he has the craft or the will to beat a guy like Rios. I think he beats plenty of 140 lbers. Just not guys like Peterson, matthysse or Rios. Plus he's just begging to be beat. Of course, I feel like he could end anyone's night, but there's those in between moments, where if someone has power, he's getting hurt or schooled all night. He's not a bum. He's just not the true 140 lb.champ to me.

Comment

Rios Doesnt fight smart and thats why Garcia will catch him.

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
                Rios Doesnt fight smart and thats why Garcia will catch him.
                Garcis's not the smartest boxer either, he might have a smart promoter building him up right, but Rios would stop Garcia!

Comment

This'd be a decent scrap. Garcia for me, though.

Comment

Danny Swift Garcia would box the pants off Rios. Rios is only good on the inside and has no skill. Doubt the fight would ever happen tho.

Comment

garcia scrambles his brains. matthysse beats both, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X