No announcement yet.

Kell Brook vs Hector David Saldivia Card RBR Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by turkas View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I know the cool thing to do is bash on Alexander, but he has kept his own with some great fighters, whether he won or lost those fights.

I think Paulie could give Brook trouble with his boxing as well, his best shot is against Bailey, but all he needs is one shot so who knows.

I love how fast Britain has written Khan off, a year ago he was being called the best fighter in the world by them and now they treat him like a bum. I hate to break it to you, but Khan is should be the favorite to beat Brook because he's the better fighter.
    British media hyped Khan, not fans.

You'll find most regarded him as a fighter with elite speed and little else; no defence, predictable offense, **** chin and low I.Q.

Brook is better than Khan, at everything and he knocks him out cold.

Comment

• Kell did what he was supposed to do, nothing amazing about that but can't fault him either, the huggers and haters both need to calm down ffs

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06
        Brook has more skill than Khan, and he hits much harder.

Ke knocks him out earlier than Garcia.
        He does not have more skill than khan, just because you do everything slower doesn't make you more skilful. Khan is better than Brook, this is a piss poor level Brook just fought at. Brook has a chance against Khan because he has good power and is pretty sharp, but I personally think guys like Peterson and Garcia would wreck Brook, he does not react well when he gets hit, I know Khan has a poor chin, but Brook actually shy's away a little when he gets hit, which is a bad sign.

I will reserve judgment on him until I see him in against Devon/Bailey, but at this point I'm a sceptic.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

You'll find most regarded him as a fighter with elite speed and little else; no defence, predictable offense, **** chin and low I.Q.

100% truth right here. If anything it was the Americans hyping up Khan! We pretty much all knew he was nothing special.
          Green K sent your way.

Comment

He was considered the top guy at 140 and there were dozens on here claiming he beats Manny and Floyd. This was not just a British hype job, a lot of people thought he was special.

Like I said, I hate Khan. I went nuts when Petterson beat him and I lost my mind when Garcia knocked him out. However, I know that he is a quality fighter that did prove himself against tough competition. Just like I see the talent in Brook, but Khan has proved he can compete against much tougher competition than Brook has, so lets slow down the talk.

I happen to think Brook will struggle a lot early against Khan's speed, but I think it is basically a 50/50 fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
              He does not have more skill than khan, just because you do everything slower doesn't make you more skilful. Khan is better than Brook, this is a piss poor level Brook just fought at. Brook has a chance against Khan because he has good power and is pretty sharp, but I personally think guys like Peterson and Garcia would wreck Brook, he does not react well when he gets hit, I know Khan has a poor chin, but Brook actually shy's away a little when he gets hit, which is a bad sign.

I will reserve judgment on him until I see him in against Devon/Bailey, but at this point I'm a sceptic.
              Brook stood up to rounds of punishment while gassed in his last fight, he can take a hit and his that fight inside him.

Khan does things fast, sure. However all he has in the tank is the same basic left/right flurry repeated over and over. Sometimes it's a 2 punch combo, sometimes it's 6....but it's always the same punches over and over. Brook has much more variation, is much more accurate, has more power....he's flat out better.

Comment

Brook stood up to rounds of punishment while gassed in his last fight, he can take a hit and his that fight inside him.

Khan does things fast, sure. However all he has in the tank is the same basic left/right flurry repeated over and over. Sometimes it's a 2 punch combo, sometimes it's 6....but it's always the same punches over and over. Brook has much more variation, is much more accurate, has more power....he's flat out better.
                Khan did weather the storm when he was hurt and gassed against Maidana, someone who is much tougher than anyone Brook has faced.

Comment

• Always thought Brook would spark Khan

Comment

Can everyone come back to reality? Yes, Khan has a weak chin and Kell has the power to ko him, but he is still a good fighter. Brook does not have more skill than Khan, Khan's speed gives him trouble all night.

God I can't believe I of all people have to defend Khan, I am one of his biggest haters, but come on people lets be reasonable.
                    Its quite surreal how some of the same people who knocked Khan for his resume in the past, back Brook to easily beat him now.

Comment

He was considered the top guy at 140 and there were dozens on here claiming he beats Manny and Floyd. This was not just a British hype job, a lot of people thought he was special.

Like I said, I hate Khan. I went nuts when Petterson beat him and I lost my mind when Garcia knocked him out. However, I know that he is a quality fighter that did prove himself against tough competition. Just like I see the talent in Brook, but Khan has proved he can compete against much tougher competition than Brook has, so lets slow down the talk.

I happen to think Brook will struggle a lot early against Khan's speed, but I think it is basically a 50/50 fight.
                      Danny Garcia is someone I consider a fairly average boxer with really good power, he had no issue timing Khan's offense. He does the same combo everytime he throws.

Brook counters well, also has good power, is accurate and I think he'd time Khan and stop him early.

Amir has now lost to Prescott, Peterson and Garcia; a banger, a decent boxer and another banger....brook can box and hit. I really dont think Khan is any good.

Comment

Working...
                      X