Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arce on Donaire: Not Impressed, Beats Scared Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I wonder if Arce is another scared fighter. On the one hand he says he wants to fight Nonito, but his actions say otherwise. He could have fought Donaire in February but opted to fight Lorenzo Parra so Vazquez Jr. stepped in. He could have had the Mathebula fight in July but instead insisted he wanted to fight on the Pacquiao-Bradley card and took on Jesus Rojas for no apparent reason. Then he was up for the fight last week but priced himself out of the fight and was replaced by Nishioka. Me thinks he really doesn't want the fight because he is probably smart enough to know he doesn't have much of a chance against Donaire but would rather fight Nonito outside the ring under the guise of failed negotiations and other excuses. I hope I am wrong and Jorge signs to fight Donaire and leaves all he has in the ring like a true warrior. But I'm really starting to think it will never happen because of Arce.

Comment

Sounds fair. Arce is asking for more money to cover his hospital bills after a massive beat down from Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWinners View Post
        Arce is highly accurate in that statement. He is fighting scared fighters and making boring ass fights. The most competitive fight I ever seen from him was Matthebula or however you spell his name. But the others like Narvaez and Nikiosha were terrible. No fighting but just some old ass fighters trying not to lose.
        and how exactly is this donaires fault? you need two to tango

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
          arce shut up ure going to get ktfo
          Let me guess, you hate Arce because he's Mexican?

Comment

Originally posted by TheWinners View Post
            Arce is highly accurate in that statement. He is fighting scared fighters and making boring ass fights. The most competitive fight I ever seen from him was Matthebula or however you spell his name. But the others like Narvaez and Nikiosha were terrible. No fighting but just some old ass fighters trying not to lose.
            Actually Narvaez made nonito look very bad & one dimensional. Narvaez is 37 yrs old...5'3 to nonito's 5'7 & was not scared. He touched nonito often. He was undefeated in 40 fights...He just new he was outmatched. He came up 1 or two divs to fight donaire. He was slipping punches all night. & looking at nonito like "is that it bi*ch??" Narvaez never once even breathed hard in that fight. Not one time did he look like he was breathing hard. Not in the midst of rds nor at the end in the corner. & if u remember. Garcia kept saying over & over. "be careful nonito...don't get crazy....be careful...don't let him catch you." He new Narvaez wasn't pus*y...Narvaez took that fight for exposure so guys like you & me can know & repeat his name like we're doing now. He never had intent in really putting himself in dannger by tryning to really really beat donaire. He fought him on a big network...outside of argentina...raised his profile & went back to his div.

But wut struck me about that fight was the fact that if u don't go at nonito he didn't have anything to fall back on. You would think having that much of a size & age adv he would press him & try to force him back...fight on the inside...switch up & show some versatility. I mean if he was supposedly ranked #3 below floyd & manny.... But he never did that....He just got wild...(remember him swinging & missing & getting tied up in the ropes lol) & looked less than staller. While narvaez accomplished his goal & looked like he just had a training session w/ "one of the best fighters in the world". That's why nonito has sorta underwhelmed me despite all his talent....That & now his mayweather political opp selection bull****. But we'll see I suppose.

Comment

I guess Arce would know, he sees a scared fighter whenever he looks in the mirror and thinks of a potential Donaire bout.

If he wasn't, we would have seen them fight about a week or so ago - I'm guessing.

Comment

People will hate on Arce but the man is bang on there.

Comment

Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
                  Actually Narvaez made nonito look very bad & one dimensional. Narvaez is 37 yrs old...5'3 to nonito's 5'7 & was not scared. He touched nonito often. He was undefeated in 40 fights...He just new he was outmatched. He came up 1 or two divs to fight donaire. He was slipping punches all night. & looking at nonito like "is that it bi*ch??" Narvaez never once even breathed hard in that fight. Not one time did he look like he was breathing hard. Not in the midst of rds nor at the end in the corner. & if u remember. Garcia kept saying over & over. "be careful nonito...don't get crazy....be careful...don't let him catch you." He new Narvaez wasn't pus*y...Narvaez took that fight for exposure so guys like you & me can know & repeat his name like we're doing now. He never had intent in really putting himself in dannger by tryning to really really beat donaire. He fought him on a big network...outside of argentina...raised his profile & went back to his div.

But wut struck me about that fight was the fact that if u don't go at nonito he didn't have anything to fall back on. You would think having that much of a size & age adv he would press him & try to force him back...fight on the inside...switch up & show some versatility. I mean if he was supposedly ranked #3 below floyd & manny.... But he never did that....He just got wild...(remember him swinging & missing & getting tied up in the ropes lol) & looked less than staller. While narvaez accomplished his goal & looked like he just had a training session w/ "one of the best fighters in the world". That's why nonito has sorta underwhelmed me despite all his talent....That & now his mayweather political opp selection bull****. But we'll see I suppose.
                  He really is small... couldn't believe how tall he was after the fight. Saw him walking around NYC with his posse.... face wasn't even bad either. Yea he had some reddening, but not but for someone jumping up.

Comment

Another highlight-reel KO in the making.

Comment

Donaire beats fighters who aren't scared of him even worse, brah. Which is why Arum and Donaire want to fight you.

Comment

Working...
                      X