Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach on Pacquiao’s Late Arrival, Khan Split, Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by odogg8121 View Post
    I dont think his faith has taking anything from him boxing; if anything the politics have. Faith can help him focus more on boxing actually...
    i disagree, at the end of the day he is in the ring to knock his opponent senseless, now im no religious nut, but i dont think religion teaches you to hurt people! unless of course your an extremist muslim.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
      “It’s always going to be a competitive fight,” he said.* “Manny told me he needed a knockout to win.* I’m going to hold him to it, and we’re going go in there looking for a knockout.* Something we didn’t do before, we need to do now, because we’re not going to win a decision.”

Why doesn't Roach feel they can win a decision?
      my guess is Roach probably feels the effects of the Bradley fight where the vast majority of people felt Manny won fairly easily

they do not want to leave any doubt

Comment

“It’s always going to be a competitive fight,” he said.* “Manny told me he needed a knockout to win.* I’m going to hold him to it, and we’re going go in there looking for a knockout.* Something we didn’t do before, we need to do now, because we’re not going to win a decision.”

roach has been saying that the judges are against him since the draw from kayote and tarver.

Thats why he demanded Amir to try and KO Garcia but it backfired...IDK what he told Chavez (prob jus RUNNNN, lol)...but i'm sure he is telling Pac to KO marquez...which is a bad idea..

Comment

Chavez Jr. is a light heavy fighting at 160. That is his main reason for success. Other than that, he is mostly a spoiled brat of a fighter that lacks discipline.

As for Khan, he's an even bigger diva than Jr. His whole team is full of A-holes. No wonder UK boxing fans don't want him to fight there.

Comment

Originally posted by FloydvsPac View Post
            Chavez Jr. is a light heavy fighting at 160. That is his main reason for success. Other than that, he is mostly a spoiled brat of a fighter that lacks discipline.

As for Khan, he's an even bigger diva than Jr. His whole team is full of A-holes. No wonder UK boxing fans don't want him to fight there.
            Danny Garcia walks around at about 180 when he's not fighting..according to brother naz..

Comment

Roach gaff, he says Manny is going for a knockout, something he wasn't doing before? What, were they so confident they could beat Marquez comfortably on points or something?

Comment

Roach is great in his interviews, hes like Im gna go home if he missed camp one day, good for you Roach, Chavez is just an overrated boxer who got his fame from his daddy and Khan well we know about him a glorified amateur...lol//// Hes up there with Virgil to show him how to box.. CLASSIC! lol

Comment

This is all BS. No one knows what the hell is going on and Roach could be lying his ass off. You hear Roach say all the time that Manny looks greater than ever and had a terrific training session but when he doesn't do as well as predicted, Roach says he lost focus. Like Mayweather, Manny is getting older and on the decline and on top of that, JMM is just that good. And I'm not saying Manny doesn't have it in him to come out and maybe knock JMM out but I'm tired of people making up excuses for Manny and the same with Mayweather.

You guys can disagree but the truth is none of the guys that Manny has recently fought, none of them are as good as JMM and JMM is ****ing old. Look at the skill set of those boxers and compare their skills to JMM skills. On top of that, JMM has the perfect style to give Manny trouble so all these excuses don't add up.

Comment

bradley fight.

Comment

Originally posted by thedarkness View Post
                      bradley fight.

We all know that Manny was robbed when he fought Bradley but when Roach says he doesn't think Manny could win a decision, it has nothing to do with the Bradley fight. Zero. He said it because even though i personally believe Manny won, it was damn close. The 3 fights were extremely competitive and could have gone either way. Thats the real reason not because of Bradley.

Comment

Working...
                      X