I wonder how Mayweather would do against Rios at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RwK View Post
    I see what you mean,

But the same can be stated for almost any fighter lol. I mean especially with Mayweather...............everyone knows he's going to use the Philly shell and rely on his reflexes to avoid any and all punches.

The only way to beat him is to swarm him like Castillo did.
    The point is, if you're taking that much hits just because you have a good chin, you're not a smart fighter. There's nothing smart about taking that many hits. Just because it works, doesn't mean it's wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
      When was the last time Floyd chose a fight because it was a challenge?

He kinda does the opposite
      I can somewhat agree. Yeah, he does fight people he knows he can win against but thats fighting smart. Work smarter not harder.

On the other hand, you can't really say every/any fight ISN'T challenging. Even though...He did make Marquez and Mosley look foolish.

Comment

I don't need to see Rios get done up like that, jack-ass or not no human deserves what would happen if he fought Floyd.

It would be real sad because before the fight Rios would say stuff like I am going to take the fight to him, Floyd punches like a bitch and all the stuff like that. You would see the confidence in his eyes at the weight in and on his way to the ring. Then the fight would begin, and you would see all the bravery and all the bravado stripped away and you would start to see the eyes of a man who had no idea what he got into and a face full of resignation. From there he would just take a beating because Rios is a tough dude and he thinks that is what he would need to do but no opportunities would come.

I can take watching dudes getting beat up even badly, but watching a guy get destroyed both mentally and physically with no chance of victory those can be hard to watch. Hell Floyd would probably be talking the NFL with Jim Lampley while he was in the ring~ (still one of my favorite Floyd moments)

Comment

Originally posted by Ggurts si kab View Post
          We will never know. If brandon gets good enough to face him, floyd will probably duck him too.
          They're so predictable.

Comment

Comment

floyd does'nt like tough pressure fighters..i think he beats him on points but not as easy as his fans say...it'd be a boring fight

Comment

Imagine if Rios scored a last round random knockdown like Chavez did.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Imagine if Rios scored a last round random knockdown like Chavez did.
                  I'd be more surprised if he made it to the final round tbh. =x

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                    I'd be more surprised if he made it to the final round tbh. =x
                    Floyd isn't some knockout artist bro, unless they're looking the other way.

"Floyd is gonna Gatti Cotto just watch!"

Lol, but for quality's sake this thread should be deleted..

Comment

• Floyd would beat Rios with ease the guy has nothing in his arsenal that would phase Mayweather and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Mayweather TKOed him in the later rounds. This nonsense has gone on long enough I don't know if people are deluded or dishonestly trying to make Rios out to be a legitimate threat so they can add unwarranted value to Pacquiao's inevitable win against him.

Abril schooled Rios, if the scorecard read 120-108 in favour of Abril you wouldn't hear a complaint from me. Yet Rios is supposed to pose problems for Mayweather?

Comment

Working...
                      X