Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Would Not Rule Out a Sergio Martinez Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto 2b 2 strong 4 Trout, as the bout goes on Trout moves, runs and grabs/clinches more, then vs Martinez , great bout between the2 heading 2 the end of great careers....anyplace but NYC or NV...no way Sergio gets a fair shake in NYC...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Golden_Goy View Post
      well fair enough you see it that way. I just think Cotto is too much for Martinez. I like Sergio and he's fought bigger guys, but at 154 him and Cotto would a 50/50 fight.

I give it to Cotto (obviously that could change post-Trout) just because I think Cotto might be too well rounded and could cut off Martinez's movement alot more effectively than Chavez Jr. and wear Martinez down over the rounds like JCCJr didn't.
      Cotto is too slow, and Martinez is too fast, powerful, and slick. Cotto would get beaten the f up and stopped. It will be like a sharper version of the margarita massacre. Fast accurate lightning bolts landing all over Cotto. Chavez was a cw. Cotto will be a short, slow, little man getting bullied. Maravilla is built like a horse as well.

Comment

COTTO is the man!!!

Comment

this will make for a great fight, cotto would seek to take martinez's p4p ranking while martinez would try to get cotto's ppv popularity. from the sounds of it, cotto might just be a tiny bit over confident about his next fight with trout. cotto better make a strong statement and solidy his place in the 154 lbs division

Comment

No problem in facing him??? That must mean 160 is fine

Comment

Looks like team cotto did some math and said... hmm maybe I can make money in this fight, so he's actually willing to take it now. Oh well I don't think Cotto has a shot in this tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Its not happening
                Why not? Cotto promotes himself and fights who ever he wants and the Martinez team def isnt going to turn it down.

Comment

Cotto has a very loseable fight on his hands against trout. he better train as hard as ever and not think about anything else.

Comment

If Sergio comes down to 154 I think it makes for a great fight, but i have a tough time seeing Cotto posing any threat at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by julian45 View Post
                      Cotto on a difernet level? he got blasted by a midget. He loses every big fight he is in. Martinez fights monsters at Middle. He will blast Cotto out of the ring. Martinez is the true middle weight champion of the world and has not fought, but has beaten more p4p fighters then Cotto, Martinez moved to 160 because no one would fight him there. Canelito or Cotto would lose and lose badly to Martinez, Cotto is a great fighter but come on man
                      WTF? EVERY?? Fool u make it sound like Cotto lost to a long list of fighters! My man lost to ONLY 2 boxers dogg! 2!! Fu.kk what u think bout Margarito first match. We ALL know how that bull **** went! n as far as any1 in the boxing world should be concerned, those '2' boxers just so happen to be the most baddest fighters on record!! So don't speak on Cotto dogg. I'm sure it musta sounded stupid while u were writin it down, but I guess sometimes it helps when someone else tells u it was stupid. I'm glad I could help put u on factual ****!!

Martinez 'will blast Cotto', man GTFOH wit' that dumb ****!!
                      Last edited by panicchaser; 10-10-2012, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X