Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Would Not Rule Out a Sergio Martinez Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cotto > sergio

Comment

he won't face martinez,he once said earlier in the year on golpe a golpe which is a spanish program,he said martinez wouldn't bring enough money,so if cotto beats trout,who do you think will bring more money;canelo or martinez? it's a no brainer,canelo would,cotto would fight canelo instead of martinez because of that,plus it's a lot easier to go up than come down in weight,i think martinez would be very weak at 154,he's used to 160 already

Comment

this is a good test for martinez who, in my book hasnt yet impressed me with a credible opponent.
        paul williams was the name but, weight too much?
        our two english boys were brave but, not really rated.
        cintron.........yeah, exactly.
        pavlik, piss head.
        oh yeah, the "great" chavez. his dad was very tough but, even on his record the only names that stand out are frankie randall, meldrick taylor and (sweet pea which was a draw). father and son well overrated and still, not a credible name on sergios resume.
        i dont dispute that hes good but, not great yet.
        get past andre ward after miguel cotto (should he win) and hes the genuine article and not before.
        no use going for pacman or floyd as these are smaller men but then, thats what the argies do......(1982) tried beating up on our tiny little island. nah.:wank:

Comment

the Trout fight is complicated.. if he can beat a good southpaw like that and is able to get to this body consistently and not take a take a beating in the process then I definitely think he should fight Sergio afterward.

all options are good though. Sergio will go to MSG, has fought on the east coast plenty of times and, at this point, does bring a little bit of money because of his prestige as the guy at MW. He won't demand as much as Canelo either. We also don't know who Alvarez's Dec. opponent will be and if GBP even thinks Canelo is ready.

If you're worried about his health... win or lose, Miguel has just as much of a chance to take a physical beating from Canelo as he does from Sergio.

Comment

I see Cotto fighting Canelo and getting stopped in a classic. So the Martinez fight ain't gonna happen.

Comment

Cotto has two great options, if he beats Trout of course. Both are GREAT fights.

Comment

Cotto will beat trout then beat ginger then on the eve of the Puerto Rican day parade he can fight Martinez at MSG for a chance to be the first pr fighter to win 4 titles in 4 weight classes against real opposition not like these other fake division champs

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
                  Cotto: Pacquiao need to stop draining me and fight me at weight. I want Martinez at 153 though. I tried to get Margarito at 150 but he insited on 153 so we agreed.
                  Best post EVER!!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

He would face Martinez he said it in this post and in a interview he's the only 1 to even consider fighting Martinez out of PAC n Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                      Cotto will beat trout then beat ginger then on the eve of the Puerto Rican day parade he can fight Martinez at MSG for a chance to be the first pr fighter to win 4 titles in 4 weight classes against real opposition not like these other fake division champs
                      he should fight martinez first. cause if/when he loses, he can just say the weight was too much and go back down to 154 to fight alvarez. alvarez likes them soften up beforehand anyways...it's a win-win imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X