No announcement yet.

Better resume: Mayweather or Hopkins???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
    ^That fight was the equivalent of Floyd's win over Marquez. Both were in the wrong weight class.

And before you come with the "Trinidad was a champion" defense, Marquez came back to the same weight class and beat the consensus php #1 by most accounts.
    That is some of the most ******ed logic I've ever seen.

JMM & Tito are not even close as far as accomplishments for Floyd/Hopkins. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
      Trinidad was impressive. I would put Floyd vs Hatton above Pavlik tbh. Trinidad and Corrales were respectively two of the best performances in this era in terms of pure domination.
      Hatton? Hmm gotta disagree there. Remember Pavlik was a 4-1 favorite over Hopkins and many thought he was going to KO/kill hopkins. Hatton was Hatton, man. An ok fighter who happened to have a massive amount of fans. We all knew hatton was going to get served.

Floyd has more big wins than those listed though, in comparison. Outside of the top 3 you move a bit down the list and Floyds top fights outweigh Bernards, though keep going deeper overall Hopkins fought better overall competition.
      Like what though? What are floyds other big wins?

Comment

Originally posted by Defututus View Post
        oh shoot, you're right, forgot it was trinidads first fight at the wieght where he was fat and hitting 40
        Remind me who Trinidad beat after Hopkins. Remind me what pfp #1 he beat after Hopkins, or ever (Oscar doesn't count).

I guess it must've been the extra years and experience with Floyd that made Marquez capable of beating the pfp #1 at the same weight. Must've been since it was his second fight at that weight. Everyone knows a fighter sucks during their first fight in a weightclass.

Comment

Bhop, if Floyd fought Paul Williams, Margarito, Cotto (140-147), Pacman, Mosley (before he was old) or Sergio now, I'm sure he would have some losses like Bhop does.
          Bhop has fought longer and been champ longer. He accomplished things after 40 that Floyd will never be able to achieve after 40.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
            Hatton? Hmm gotta disagree there. Remember Pavlik was a 4-1 favorite over Hopkins and many thought he was going to KO/kill hopkins. Hatton was Hatton, man. An ok fighter who happened to have a massive amount of fans. We all knew hatton was going to get served.

I don't see how those odds are relevant, given that they're based on public perception of Hopkins. Floyd is almost always favored in his fights, regardless of the opponent. It's because the public respects him more.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post

Okay we can disagree on Hopkins. Cotto is a fairly big win at 154. Zab was a good fight. There was 2x Castillo only remember you mentioning once while adding pascal x2 and such (my bad if wrong), and while the first was close.. the second was a massacre. Also don't forget Jerry Cooper.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                glen johnson wasnt in the top 10?

i forgot about council and brown, yea you're right, but glen jonhson wasn't?? wasnt he like 34-0 or somethin when he fought bhop??
                No, he wasn't. Believe it or not.

Comment

Hopkins....without a doubt

Better P4P than Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
                    i understand what you're getting at but i wouldn't have included hakkar on that list. that was actually one of the most pitiful and cowardly performances i've seen in a championship fight. it's kind of insulting to hopkins to include him, and insulting to the fighters you listed him amongst haha
                    Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Going off memory, Simon Brown, Andrew Council, Glen Johnson.

I'm sure there's more.

Plenty and most were in the top 10 but certainly less than 99% were.
                    You know your stuff so you are probably right. I don't know how to research where all those fighters were ranked at the time Hopkins fought them. Each alphabet group has there own ratings so it's hard to keep up with. I am sorry if I said something that was not accurate. I always try to stick to the truth in these boxing discussions. One thing I think is true is that during his 10 years as middleweight champ there was no top middleweight that Hopkins did not fight. If I am wrong about that please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      You know your stuff so you are probably right. I don't know how to research where all those fighters were ranked at the time Hopkins fought them. Each alphabet group has there own ratings so it's hard to keep up with. I am sorry if I said something that was not accurate. I always try to stick to the truth in these boxing discussions. One thing I think is true is that during his 10 years as middleweight champ there was no top middleweight that Hopkins did not fight. If I am wrong about that please let me know.
                      You were close enough. Most of the fighters he defended his title against were Top 10. Just not all of them.

And yeah, Hopkins well and truly cleaned out MW. He fought everybody and beat everybody. His MW era was very weak, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X