Better resume: Mayweather or Hopkins???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Defututus View Post
    close but clear, hopkins takes it because he beat a prime ATG in trinidad
    ^That fight was the equivalent of Floyd's win over Marquez. Both were in the wrong weight class.

And before you come with the "Trinidad was a champion" defense, Marquez came back to the same weight class and beat the consensus php #1 by most accounts.

Comment

who has fought the better opposition?

Bhop

prime roy jones jr
      semi prime oscar
      prime tito trinidad
      prime calzaghe
      prime dawson 2x
      prime pascal 2x
      Tarver
      prime jermaine Taylor 2x
      Kelly Pavlik

do i even need to post floyds?

its clearly bernard hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
        how are floyd's "big wins" better than Hopkins? Floyds big wins are Diego Corrales, Castillo and Oscar. I don't think that can quite compare to say Trinidad, Tarver, Pavlik/Pascal
        Trinidad was impressive. I would put Floyd vs Hatton above Pavlik tbh. Trinidad and Corrales were respectively two of the best performances in this era in terms of pure domination. Floyd has more big wins than those listed though, in comparison. Outside of the top 3 you move a bit down the list and Floyds top fights outweigh Bernards, though keep going deeper overall Hopkins fought better overall competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
          Waaah. Waaaaah.
          wow nice come back. Since you only know a couple fighters who's your favorite and how jammed full of all time greats is his resume

Man you must be so tough if you think all these boxers are no named bums. I bet you've kicked so many a$$e$?

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post

Bhop

prime roy jones jr
            semi prime oscar
            prime tito trinidad
            prime calzaghe
            prime dawson 2x
            prime pascal 2x
            Tarver
            prime jermaine Taylor 2x
            Kelly Pavlik

Yeah if you're basing it SOLELY on who he fought, but resumes also go to include win-loss when talking about who is better. In which case a lot of that resume would be wiped off the list.

Comment

^That fight was the equivalent of Floyd's win over Marquez. Both were in the wrong weight class.

And before you come with the "Trinidad was a champion" defense, Marquez came back to the same weight class and beat the consensus php #1 by most accounts.
              oh shoot, you're right, forgot it was trinidads first fight at the wieght where he was fat and hitting 40

Comment

wow you are really pulling at straws even for a floyd homer. If you love him so much why don't you guys go get married?

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post

Bhop

prime roy jones jr [lost]
                  semi prime oscar
                  prime tito trinidad
                  prime calzaghe [lost]
                  prime dawson 2x [lost]
                  prime pascal 2x
                  Tarver
                  prime jermaine Taylor 2x [lost] x2
                  Kelly Pavlik

I find it amusing that you ignore the outcomes of half the fights you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
                    i understand what you're getting at but i wouldn't have included hakkar on that list. that was actually one of the most pitiful and cowardly performances i've seen in a championship fight. it's kind of insulting to hopkins to include him, and insulting to the fighters you listed him amongst haha
                    I am sorry I included him. I will take your word that he is no good since I watched many of Hopkin's fights but certainly not all 20 of his defenses. I assumed Hakker was good because of his record but that can be misleading as some fighters get a good record by fighting lousy fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                      wow nice come back. Since you only know a couple fighters who's your favorite and how jammed full of all time greats is his resume

Man you must be so tough if you think all these boxers are no named bums. I bet you've kicked so many a$$e$?
                      Wah. Wah. Wah.

Comment

Working...
                      X