No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Expects Canelo To Pick Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S@rgentKO View Post
    Stop crying Sergio, you will get Cotto and ginger will fight Mayweather. Just be patient and STFU for a change!
    the dude has almost 55 pro fights...don't u think he's been patient? He'll be 38 by april...He's ready to get it on...& rightly so. I suppose it's super frustrating to feel like everyone's last option.Canelo stated that he fears no one & is ready for everyone in the top tier. But Martinez is right in saying that they won't accept the challenge. & I guess that's rightly so also. Miguel is faded. & is a really good style match-up for canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
      Cottos a better fighter than Serg at 154. Look at both resumes, assuming Cotto beats Trout. Sergs prior resume at 154 is less than average and he looked average at 154. Serg never blossemed until he decided to go up to 160. I think Serg would struggle at 154 again if he moved back down.
      wut r u talking about...wtf has cotto done at 54??

Comment

Canelo-Cotto, Martinez-Mayweather.

Winners fight each other.

Comment

Well, Cotto=Puerto Rican Jr MW, Canelo=Mexican Jr MW.

Mexico vs Puerto Rico rivalry with two top 5 draws of the sport=Money.

Martinez can wait. I rather Martinez fight Mayweather, and then winners face eachother.

Comment

That's One Way To Get Your Payday; Make Canelo Call Your Bluff

Sergio must still be in a coma after Chavez. Does he really think Canelo is looking for a safer option than himself??? Sergio can't handle Cotto, not to mention Canelo. Sergio holding his hands at his side, would get destroyed and stopped by Canelo. When Chavez decided to punch, he hurt Sergio with every punch, running out of time in the last round. Canelo would be a different fight, not lasting long. Canelo would be dropping bombs on him from the opening bell, and stop Sergio by round 3. Period! Sergio can't dance around and hold his hands at his waist and live to tell about it, with Canelo OR Cotto. He's delirious.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Canelo-Cotto, Martinez-Mayweather.

Winners fight each other.
              That would kick @ss, like a mini tournament. I'd root 4 canelo but I really don't see Martinez loosing to any of these 3 at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by tlarry View Post
                Sergio must still be in a coma after Chavez. Does he really think Canelo is looking for a safer option than himself??? Sergio can't handle Cotto, not to mention Canelo. Sergio holding his hands at his side, would get destroyed and stopped by Canelo. When Chavez decided to punch, he hurt Sergio with every punch, running out of time in the last round. Canelo would be a different fight, not lasting long. Canelo would be dropping bombs on him from the opening bell, and stop Sergio by round 3. Period! Sergio can't dance around and hold his hands at his waist and live to tell about it, with Canelo OR Cotto. He's delirious.
                Dayum, people still not giving Martinez his credit.

Comment

Disappointing

Sergio is one of my three favorite boxers to watch, and up until very recently I was a fan of his persona too. For him to continue to refer to his dominance of Chavez after nearly getting knocked out is disappointing. The comments he recently made about Cotto, who is nothing but respectful of his opponents (except The Criminal), were equally disappointing. I guess he realizes that he has to make a commotion or get under a big-name opponent's skin in order to get a big money fight. Nevertheless, I liked him more when he was letting his fists do the talking.

Comment

True. Cotto is my favorite fighter of this generation, and I don't want him fighting Sergio. Segio is too big and quick. Even if Cotto was able to time him or cut the ring off, I still don't think Cotto could really hurt him. Cotto is 5'7" on a good day. I saw him at Victor's Cafe in the summer of 2011. I'm 5'8" and Cotto seemed small to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
                      Sergio is one of my three favorite boxers to watch, and up until very recently I was a fan of his persona too. For him to continue to refer to his dominance of Chavez after nearly getting knocked out is disappointing. The comments he recently made about Cotto, who is nothing but respectful of his opponents (except The Criminal), were equally disappointing. I guess he realizes that he has to make a commotion or get under a big-name opponent's skin in order to get a big money fight. Nevertheless, I liked him more when he was letting his fists do the talking.
                      Are you effing crazy? Martinez got his legs back before the bell rang and Chavez Jr punched himself out. It's funny how a natural cruiser-weight could not knock out a natural JMW lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X