No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Expects Canelo To Pick Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
    I know he's your last hero for your country.
    But he won't win against Canelo.
    Cotto will make a fool out of Canelo... Canelo its not on Cottos level and fighting Cotto will just put an end to his undeafeted record... remember Vargas vs Trinidad??? remember what happened to Vargas?? thats exactly whats gonna happen to Canelo with Cotto.. their gonna throw him to the wolves way to early in his carrier. Cotto is no Mosley or Lopez lol

Comment

Cotto would probably win against Canelo, why? cuz Cotto's the better boxer, has better experience, he can pick you apart at a slow pace, and he's battle tested, but i wouldn't be surprised if Canelo gives him a lot of trouble seeing that Cotto doesn't have the best defensive tactics....at the same time, Canelo's no defensive star himself....might be a close one, but if I had to put money down, I would put it down on Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
        Cottos a better fighter than Serg at 154. Look at both resumes, assuming Cotto beats Trout. Sergs prior resume at 154 is less than average and he looked average at 154. Serg never blossemed until he decided to go up to 160. I think Serg would struggle at 154 again if he moved back down.
        Sergio Martinez was the most avoided fighter at 154 and the late Vernon Forrest can attest to that. Martinez had to move up just to get a fight. Cotto, Canelo and Mayweather will avoid Sergio Martinez for as long as possible.

Comment

no sergio.

floyd is going to pick canelo. so cotto's going to have to dance with you.

Comment

He might as well stay at 160lbs, because no one wants to fight him at 154. Niether Canelo, Cotto, or Mayweather wants to fight Martinez. They know they would get beat. The only person who might want to fight Martinez at 154lbs would be Lara, because he's in the same position.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              In another article, Sarmiento named Canelo/Chavez/Mayweather in that order. GBP/Canelo have already name-dropped Sergio, so he's doing it right back.

Canelo is interested in fighting Mayweather/Cotto/Martinez
              Martinez is interested in fighting Mayweather/Cotto/Canelo/Chavez Jr
              Cotto is interested in fighting Mayweather/Canelo/Martinez/Chavez Jr

Mayweather wants to fight.......who the fuck knows lmao
              lol...martinez is really just a secondary option for canelo and cotto and i don't think they're really that interested to fight him. too much risk with less rewards. martinez will be left with no option but to rematch chavez unless he wanna take on guys like golovkin which i doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey88 View Post
                Cotto will make a fool out of Canelo... Canelo its not on Cottos level and fighting Cotto will just put an end to his undeafeted record... remember Vargas vs Trinidad??? remember what happened to Vargas?? thats exactly whats gonna happen to Canelo with Cotto.. their gonna throw him to the wolves way to early in his carrier. Cotto is no Mosley or Lopez lol
                Right here!!! I remember that fight with Trini and Vargas!!! Trini hit him in the nuts like 4 x in that fight taking his strength. What about the past year and a half? Rican champs been losing to Mexicans....and yep, I think it will continue on.Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                  lol...martinez is really just a secondary option for canelo and cotto and i don't think they're really that interested to fight him. too much risk with less rewards. martinez will be left with no option but to rematch chavez unless he wanna take on guys like golovkin which i doubt.
                  It would fucking suck if Chavez gets an immediate rematch, he should fight anyone BUT Chavez.

Comment

Martinez needs to fight at 154 next or stfu

(and I like him)

Comment

Btw ideally it would be

Mayweather vs Martinez and Canelo vs Cotto... Both fights make more sense than if you mixed it up

Comment

Working...
                      X