Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher on the all-time HW list: John Ruiz or Vitali Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
    There are very few Heavyweights in any era Louis couldn't have beaten. He fought some pretty good fighters with modern size. He was better against them than against smaller, more agile types. Hand speed and combinations were too much for bigger men who couldn't counter quick enough.
    he weighed 195-205 for the most part. He was small. Guys like Lennox Lewis would have destroyed him based on size ect. Ali would have been too fast and too good of footwork to get rid of him. Its different now from back in the 30's and 40's

but im going to stop hi-******* this thread and talking all about louis so im going to leave it at that.
    Last edited by Ring Leader; 10-01-2012, 03:24 PM.

Comment

About even imo problem for Ruiz is people hated his constant holding and just overall being boring ,but if you look at his level of comp wins and losses he is even with Vitali who honestly has not fought anyone of note since Byrd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ring Leader View Post
        he weighed 195-205 for the most part. He was small. Guys like Lennox Lewis would have destroyed him based on size ect. Ali would have been too fast and too good of footwork to get rid of him. Its different now from back in the 30's and 40's

but im going to stop hi-******* this thread so im going to leave it at that.
        Buddy Baer had similar size, good defense, and was a quality contender with some serious wins. Abe Simon was big and good too. Louis smoked them. It's not that different. Lennox might have, but Louis would probably be the best he ever saw. Good fight.

Comment

vitali and its not even close.

Comment

Ruiz beat better fighters in a very boring manner and the fights were close.

Vital dominated his fights and is the better fighter.

Neither guy did anything great in their division

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              This would make sense if I thought Ruiz was some great champion. I don't. Vitali isn't either.

Look at Ruiz's resume and tell me who Vitali beat that's so much better than who Ruiz beat?
              holyfeild is the only guy ruiz beat and he was shot. he pretty much lost to everyone else.

Comment

VK may not have the most impressive HW resume but he is generally so damn dominant in his wins and has been for a very long time while all losses have some kind of controversy behind them and no fighter has ever proven conclusively that h2h they were superior to Vitali in the ring.

Ruiz has some ok wins, but anyone who has seen him fight knows he was a mediocre HW nothing more, Vitali is far better in all regards this shouldn't be in question at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                  holyfeild is the only guy ruiz beat and he was shot. he pretty much lost to everyone else.
                  Holyfield was faded yet I'd still take him over pretty much anyone on Vitali's resume. Ruiz also has:

Hasim Rahman (who flattened Corrie Sanders)
                  Kirk Johnson (a younger, in-shape version--as opposed to the fat **** of a cadaver that Vitali fought)
                  Andrew Golota
                  Fres Oquendo

Some of those names were past their prime and yet they STILL **** on Vitali's resume. Give me a has-been over a never will be anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    Vitali's overrated by his fans, big time, because his resume is pretty weak. But he's better than Ruiz.

Ruiz did beat a past prime Holyfield, Johnson (Kirk), Rahman, Golota, and McCline.

Vitali beat Hide, Johnson (Kirk), Sanders, Peter, Gomez, Arreola, Johnson (Kevin), Solis, Adamek, and Chisora.

I mean neither resume ranks in the Top 20 all-time for HW's, but Vitali is better than Ruiz.

Out of HW's after the Lennox/Holyfield/Bowe era, Wlad has the best resume.

Wlad beat Byrd, Botha, McCline, Peter, Brock, Brewster, Ibragimov, Thompson, Chagaev, Chambers, and Haye. Though not avenging the Sanders loss hurts Wlad a bit in my opinion. Still, his wins over Byrd and Haye are better than anything on Vitali's resume.
                    i always thought vatali was the better fighter though prob because he has a chin.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      That is one of the big problems with using resume to such a large degree, because you can certainly argue that Ruiz's is better (especially depending how you rate loses) based on that metric.

Reason dictates that Vitali is better than Ruiz though, my eyes and brain tell me that.
                      yeah if you count losses he definitely fought better opposition.

Comment

Working...
                      X