Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher on the all-time HW list: John Ruiz or Vitali Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
    All facts which nobody can deny.
    i dont know about nobody. gambler lol'd at it and said i don't know enough about the great ruiz

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
      yeah i get your point but there really hasn't been anyone of note for vatali to fight. he beat peter and adamak and guys like that who were nothing special but its not like he ducked anyone. ruiz was just awful and he lost many many times.
      I understand if there really wasn't anyone in his era to fight, but why should Ruiz be punished for that? He fought and beat better guys. Sure he lost a few times, that's what makes him a mediocre titlist. But all this talk of Vitali being an ATG heavyweight is just absurd. As absurd as such talk for Ruiz would be.

In life you aren't judged on potential (ie. who you might've beat if you got the chance), but on what you actually accomplished. And Vitali was the number one HW in his generation for the span of about one year, also lost to the best opponents he faced and doesn't have a single standout victory on his dossier. Again, I'd look past the incredible weakness of this era and reward him for longevity if he was the top heavyweight during that time. He wasn't and isn't.

Comment

ruiz defianetly,vitali handpicks short,stocky opponents who he has a signifigant height and reach advantage over,vitali ducked valuev an lewis (past his prime) gave vitali a hard fight and he was the same size as vitali,

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
          Good rebuttal? Very insightful
          Why bother you don't even know what Ruiz did~ there is no point in debating the resumes of two guys if you don't know what 1 guy did.

Ruiz has 9 loses (not a dozen) and he got stopped twice one of which was in his very last fight against Haye which he actually showed a lot and the other was to Tua which I already brought up as a destruction that no possible positive could be gleaned from. The only real bad loss other than those 2 is the one to Roy Jones, which was the one guy to really cleanly beat him by decision.

The other 6 included 2 early career SD, and fights with Valuev*2, Holyfield and Chagaev all of which were close and disputable.

Now he was in fact boring to watch and people hated his style but that doesn't change the fact that he was a very effective fighter who was a very tough out and beat some quality guys.

Vitali has very little on him in the resume department~

Comment

I remember first learning abut John Ruiz in 2001 against Holyfield. The Draw was the first Ruiz fight I saw in my life, I was watching with my dad. I was actually rooting for Ruiz because he was Hispanic, and only because of that

I've changed big time and don't care about who people's skin colors. I was 12 at the time.

I think Vitali's resume is better, but I can see IMDAZED argument and I agree that Vitali doesn't have ONE fighter better than any notable fighter Ruiz has fought. It's that Vitali has fought more top 10 contenders.

Comment

i have tried to erase any memories i have of Ruiz and his wretched fights from my memory banks

i was more entertained with Norman Stone's antics than Ruiz's actual hugfests

i'll take a dominant run over mediocre names over crappy fights against better names

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                i have tried to erase any memories i have of Ruiz and his wretched fights from my memory banks

i was more entertained with Norman Stone's antics than Ruiz's actual hugfests

i'll take a dominant run over mediocre names over crappy fights against better names
                I take much pride in my "I survived John's Ruiz's career" T-shirt

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  I remember first learning abut John Ruiz in 2001 against Holyfield. The Draw was the first Ruiz fight I saw in my life, I was watching with my dad. I was actually rooting for Ruiz because he was Hispanic, and only because of that

I've changed big time and don't care about who people's skin colors. I was 12 at the time.

I think Vitali's resume is better, but I can see IMDAZED argument and I agree that Vitali doesn't have ONE fighter better than any notable fighter Ruiz has fought. It's that Vitali has fought more top 10 contenders.
                  Yeah, I don't have an issue with anyone saying Vitali is better. He is, although moreso because he'd beat Ruiz head to head. But I draw the comparison when people begin to bring up this ATG heavyweight talk regarding Vitali. If he deserves consideration, how far off could Ruiz possibly be? The truth is, neither of them has done anything remotely close to warranting such a tag.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    I take much pride in my "I survived John's Ruiz's career" T-shirt

the John Ruiz era helped fuel my love affair with the lower weight divisions...you wanna turn a casual off? put on a Ruiz fight

the only fight i can endure is the Tua fight...and that's only because he got KTFO in a minute

i'm so glad he never made a comeback

how many times did he fight Holyfield? 3 times? the most uneventful trilogy in the history of the sport

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                      the John Ruiz era helped fuel my love affair with the lower weight divisions...you wanna turn a casual off? put on a Ruiz fight

the only fight i can endure is the Tua fight...and that's only because he got KTFO in a minute

i'm so glad he never made a comeback

how many times did he fight Holyfield? 3 times? the most uneventful trilogy in the history of the sport
                      I lost touch with boxing around the time Ruiz became a factor in the division, and when I got back in and saw he was a champ, my first reaction was, "That guy Tua blasted in like 19 seconds is one of the best heavyweights? WTF?"

Comment

Working...
                      X