Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher on the all-time HW list: John Ruiz or Vitali Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this a joke thread?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      I don't know if Sanders is better than Evander Holyfield.
      A prime one would be.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
        It's not really that. He was knocking guys out and has one of the highest KO percentages of any HW. As far as resumes go, Mike Tyson's isn't really that much better than Ruiz or Vitali, is it? Yet many people have him in the top 10.

I don't really get down on rating fighters like that but to say Vitali ranks in the same spot as Ruiz is kind of silly. Not because of their resumes but because most people think Vitali is clearly a better fighter.
        Yeah, they think he's a better fighter based on? Who was he knocking out?

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
          A prime one would be.
          The version Ruiz beat was as good and better than the version of Sanders Vitali beat.

Comment

The version Ruiz beat was as good and better than the version of Sanders Vitali beat.
            The Holy that fought Ruiz would eat Sanders up. He still had beard and he could still load up counters. Against a one-handed fighter with questionable stamina and chin, Holy all day even in 2000/01.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              The Holy that fought Ruiz would eat Sanders up. He still had beard and he could still load up counters. Against a one-handed fighter with questionable stamina and chin, Holy all day even in 2000/01.
              Not to mention that Hasim Rahman straight up flattened Sanders when they met.

People stop listening to what the media tells you. Go look at their resumes. Ruiz has beaten better opponents. Wlad and Vitali are not the same person. One is a HOF great bordering on ATG. The other is just a titlist with a weak resume living off a stoppage loss.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                It's not really that. He was knocking guys out and has one of the highest KO percentages of any HW. As far as resumes go, Mike Tyson's isn't really that much better than Ruiz or Vitali, is it? Yet many people have him in the top 10.

I don't really get down on rating fighters like that but to say Vitali ranks in the same spot as Ruiz is kind of silly. Not because of their resumes but because most people think Vitali is clearly a better fighter.
                But Mike did something Vitali never did: he made clear, for at least a time that he was THE champion of the World. he unified, blew out Spinks and added a couple more. Vitali soft shoed in to a mandatory and lost, beat his first legit top ten guy, Sanders, added Williams, and then bounced for four years while his brother started the business of truly cleaning out the class.

Understand, I'm not making a case for Ruiz over Vitali. I don't think they rate that close because you have to factor in some of the specious ways Ruiz won, the losses, longevity, and relative performance. But what Dazed is saying is that wins come first in judging and that's a valid case. On that basis, Ruiz and Vitali run pretty neck and neck.

Tunney said before Vitali's resume precludes like a top ten status. I agree. I rate Tyson a shade outside that too and he did more and beat more in terms of legit top ten guys (not just sanctioning body sillies) in his time.

Comment

Opinion. I think Sanders could take that version of Holyfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
                    Opinion. I think Sanders could take that version of Holyfield.
                    I doubt that very much. Heck, Holyfield handled Rahman fairly well when they fought--so did Ruiz. Sanders was flattened by Hasim. I see no reason to think he could beat Evander, not style-wise or resume.

Comment

I doubt that very much. Heck, Holyfield handled Rahman fairly well when they fought--so did Ruiz. Sanders was flattened by Hasim. I see no reason to think he could beat Evander, not style-wise or resume.
                      Rahman was flattened and nearly KOed by Sanders early in the fight.

But Corrie faded in the middle rounds and got stopped.

Hasim says Sanders hit harder than anyone he's ever foght.

Comment

Working...
                      X