Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can anyone defend Hopkins in the “who ducked who” wars for Roy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
    uhh,where did i say roy was the fresher of the 2???please quote me
    roy was ko'd 3 times right before that fight lol.he was stopped by green in 1 rnd from 1 punch.that isnt a war lol.same with that 2nd tarver fight.only wars jones have ever been in are tarver 1,and glenn johnson

can you seem to comprehend that no matter what happens,roy is still a bigger draw than bhop?do you think roy wouldve fought for 40?
    And lets stop deviating from the question, I will say this may be B-Hop didn’t duck Roy, but he is at fault for that fight not going down in 01-02. Do you agree with that?

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
      solid win, yes, but again, hopkins wasn't battered, nor ko'd...nothing to make me think he would duck him in a rematch...
      I don’t think he ducked Roy because he was scared of Roy I think he Ducked Roy because he was scared that would derail his career. But never the less you guys don’t like the word ducked, thats fine, but he def was the reason for that fight being made at that time for what ever reason anyone wants to believe.

And while people claim B-Hop got better through time, so did Roy so I no reason why anyone would think the rematch would not have gone the same

Comment

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
        And lets stop deviating from the question, I will say this may be B-Hop didn’t duck Roy, but he is at fault for that fight not going down in 01-02. Do you agree with that?
        absolutely.i feel at most he deserved 45 maybe,but considering he wasnt a draw,i think 40 was fair,but i didnt see it realistically happening unless hopkins came up which i dont think he woulda did

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
          absolutely.i feel at most he deserved 45 maybe,but considering he wasnt a draw,i think 40 was fair,but i didnt see it realistically happening unless hopkins came up which i dont think he woulda did
          Okay lets stick to agreeing on that lol. I know there was talk about a catchweight for that fight

Comment

hopkins had his right to demand 50 or 45 because you have to remember he worked hiss ass off to get to where he got and he was robbed blind by managers and promoters in the past so in his mind he wanted a fair deal, whether u agreed with it or not. against roy the first fight hopkins only got about $50,000 and his manager walked away with over $750,000. this was one of the reasons hopkins ended up managing himself for so long and became quite paranoid of promoters in general. again whether or not u agreed with him is irrelevant

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
              hopkins had his right to demand 50 or 45 because you have to remember he worked hiss ass off to get to where he got and he was robbed blind by managers and promoters in the past so in his mind he wanted a fair deal, whether u agreed with it or not. against roy the first fight hopkins only got about $50,000 and his manager walked away with over $750,000. this was one of the reasons hopkins ended up managing himself for so long and became quite paranoid of promoters in general. again whether or not u agreed with him is irrelevant
              Thats not Roy’s problem, because that happened to B-Hop he basically priced himself out of a fight that was essential to both guys legacy which makes him the reason the fight didn’t happen. The reasons why Roy deserved more money for outweighs B-Hop deserving a 50/50 split.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                No he didn't what you deserve in boxing isn't based on how hard you've worked or how hard you've had it. It depends on what you've actually achieved in terms of verifiable results that noone can deny and thus the kind of leverage you have in a negotiating situation.

Comment

and Jones was not in his prime in 93 at 160. He still had a little physical maturing to come and his weight settled north of that as we now now. His skillset although incredibly impressive was to become more refined and impressive down the track.

Comment

Originally posted by Heckler View Post
                    No he didn't what you deserve in boxing isn't based on how hard you've worked or how hard you've had it. It depends on what you've actually achieved in terms of verifiable results that noone can deny and thus the kind of leverage you have in a negotiating situation.
                    Thats what I'm trying to tell him, Hopkins being robbed and all that has nothing to do with Roy, and it has nothing to do what you deserve in a future fight. But he has Hopkins on his avatar what do you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
                      Thats what I'm trying to tell him, Hopkins being robbed and all that has nothing to do with Roy, and it has nothing to do what you deserve in a future fight. But he has Hopkins on his avatar what do you expect?
                      I'm not saying it was Roy's problem, I'm giving u the perspective of hopkins and whether u agree with it or not is totally irrelevant because that was Bernards stance. u can hold the opinion that hopkins should have done this or that but that doesn't mean he ducked jones because you believe he should have taken the deal that was on the table. both guys could have made the fight happen if they really wanted to but didn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X