No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Martinez-Golovkin, Ward-Pavlik, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
    When those fights fall through and they have a very good chance of doing so it will be for the very reasons DiBella doesnt want to fight GGG. So if those fights arent made there isnt shyt Martinez camp can say. It will come back to bite them.
    Yup, they'll see Sergio as a risk not worth taking. Mayweather/Canelo/Cotto can make good money and big #'s fighting anyone, so why would they fight their biggest threat in Martinez? The problem is, Golovkin hasn't done much to separate himself from the other contenders. Dibella IS right in this instance. I'm really hoping that Geale doesn't overlook Golovkin and fights him ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
      When those fights fall through and they have a very good chance of doing so it will be for the very reasons DiBella doesnt want to fight GGG. So if those fights arent made there isnt shyt Martinez camp can say. It will come back to bite them.
      Perfect Post. Right on the money

Comment

Originally posted by S@rgentKO View Post
        Because bigger threat doesn equal to more credible. Is that too hard to understand?

Style wise Golovkin is harder, but Golovkin is very beatable!
        you're looking through the eyes of martinez, look at it as fan and review what you've said. martinez fights someone in his division vs fighting someone down 1 division level. regardless of size, starpower, money pull whatever. now which is more credible?

Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
        But its ok for them to turne martinez down...& not for him to turn down guys nobody outside of Russia knows??? Yeah. Ok everybody is crying about barker & such but martinez was forced to fight those fights by the network... He didn't want those guys...he's been chasing big dogs. I just want one person here to tell me how u market a martinez v. Pirog fight....or a glovokin fight....he got a 1.4 mil guarantee for jcc Jr. Wut exactly does his purse look like for one of those guys....
        maravilla is like the new kid that just stepped in the "superstars" playground. if hes not able to pull in money regardless of who he fights, then thats on him. and nobody of the regulars would play with him..yet.

Comment

Tell dez otha fellaz to earn dey stripes instead of beggin for a handout. 3G should see what he can do against dat Macklin fella first before barkin up da wrong tree.

Comment

Lou is RIGHT actually

I would love to see GGG vs Martinez but I think he does need a few more fights on HBO before making a GGG vs Martinez fight, he is right nobody knows GGG besides a few BOXING FORUM FANS

It would be hypocritical of him to give GGG a match but when Quillin was asking for a match with Martinez, Lou said the exact same thing about him and people agreed with him
            Last edited by sicko; 09-27-2012, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stormfroe View Post
              you're looking through the eyes of martinez, look at it as fan and review what you've said. martinez fights someone in his division vs fighting someone down 1 division level. regardless of size, starpower, money pull whatever. now which is more credible?

maravilla is like the new kid that just stepped in the "superstars" playground. if hes not able to pull in money regardless of who he fights, then thats on him. and nobody of the regulars would play with him..yet.
              That doesn't mean he shouldn't pursue. Why would he make breakthrough s only to work backwards. At this point beating those guys only brings critical acclaim....no greater name recognition...no greater purses. Maybe not even greater legacy. They'll be labled as green...not ready if he wins easily. Which is why he should force them to prove themselves vs one another first...SM has like 50 fights..pirog has like 20....GGG has like 25. To pursue a match w/ either one b4 canelo...cotton...may weather...Chavez....etc. literally has zero business /entertainment value. & almost makes no boxing sense. Macklin came off of beating Sturm (really) & Sergio barely got up for that fight. What did he brain from that win?? Wuts the diff between him and Gael...pirog...GGG??? Wit does he gain at all.

Comment

this is called ducking

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  this is called ducking
                  Martinez still has other legit options to take advantage of. Golovkin isn't in the position to be "ducked" yet. The only way I'll yell "duck" is if Golovkin unifies the WBO/WBA/IBF belts.

OR, if Martinez decides to become inactive if he can't get Floyd/Cotto/Canelo/Geale in the ring.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 09-27-2012, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Martinez still has other legit options to take advantage of. Golovkin isn't in the position to be "ducked" yet. The only way I'll yell "duck" is if Golovkin unifies the WBO/WBA/IBF belts.

OR, if Martinez decides to become inactive if he can't get Floyd/Cotto/Canelo/Geale in the ring.
                    This.

Martinez has been calling out May, Pac, and Cotto for sometime. The Chavez fight finally gave him the casual fan recognition I think he's been dying to get, the kind that might actually make a May, Pac, Cotto (or even Alvarez) fight profitable for both sides. It would be senseless to return to fighting Euro-no-names, regardless of their talent.

As much as we love GGG, I think we have to honestly admit that he's still somewhat unproven, or at least about as proven as Macklin and Dzinziruk were - Macklin should've been WBA MW champ, and if I recall correctly, some NSBers were pretty high on Dzin before his fight with Martinez.

Comment

Let Golovkin fight Chavez Jr and the winner can fight Martinez, after he is healed up. That's if Martinez can't get a higher profile fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X