Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao/Marquez 3 did 1.3 million PPV buys. How much will Pacquiao/Marquez 4 do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tito yuca View Post
    hopefully 0

pac's mother will surely buy this so that is a guaranteed 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Califas View Post
      These numbers are coming from somewhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay-per-view#HBO_PPV

It even says Pac-Bradley only did 700k, which I don't doubt at all. Bradley has no fans.
      A promoter can say whatever they want to say in terms of PPV buys. When HBO releases the numbers, it's legit. HBO hasn't officially released Pac's numbers since Margarito. Top Rank hasn't released Manny's PPV revenue generated since Margarito as well.

Wiki is a terrible way to back up your argument by the way. It still says Pac-JMM III did 1.4 million, which is what Arum said intially. But then he turned around in an interview a week ago and said it almost did 1.3 million. The hell??

Comment

Yeah yeah yeah. Pacquiao won't do one million PPV. Floyd is justified in not fighting Pac. Haha... what a joke.

Comment

Anyways, I think it will do around 1.1 million probably, and Arum may sa it did 1.3 million.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            A promoter can say whatever they want to say in terms of PPV buys. When HBO releases the numbers, it's legit. HBO hasn't officially released Pac's numbers since Margarito. Top Rank hasn't released Manny's PPV revenue generated since Margarito as well.

Wiki is a terrible way to back up your argument by the way. It still says Pac-JMM III did 1.4 million, which is what Arum said intially. But then he turned around in an interview a week ago and said it almost did 1.3 million. The hell??
            Post that interview please. And surely you know that Wikipedia gets their sources from another source right? I know it's not 100% accurate at times, but click the numbers next to the statement and tell for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Califas View Post
              Post that interview please. And surely you know that Wikipedia gets their sources from another source right? I know it's not 100% accurate at times, but click the numbers next to the statement and tell for yourself.
              http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...ight-set-dec-8

"Because the economics for the Marquez fight were so much greater than for a Bradley rematch, that is what Manny decided to do," Arum said. "It's so much greater because of the support Marquez has from the Hispanic community. Look at the past numbers. When Pacquiao fought Marquez (in November), it sold close to 1.3 million pay-per-view. Bradley was about 900,000. That's a big difference. Plus, the gate goes from probably $8 million to $12 million."

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...ight-set-dec-8

"Because the economics for the Marquez fight were so much greater than for a Bradley rematch, that is what Manny decided to do," Arum said. "It's so much greater because of the support Marquez has from the Hispanic community. Look at the past numbers. When Pacquiao fought Marquez (in November), it sold close to 1.3 million pay-per-view. Bradley was about 900,000. That's a big difference. Plus, the gate goes from probably $8 million to $12 million."
                But you just said yourself that promoters lie about numbers. I thought you were going to post an actual source that states it only did 1.3

Comment

the tickets sold really fast so i can see this fight doing really good ppv buys

Comment

It actually did 1.4 million at first according to Arum, than 1.3 million, than almost 1.3 million (meaning 1.2 million).......so who the f** really knows what it did??? In reality, it'll do around 1.1-1.2 million, probably what the 3rd fight did.

Comment

They need to throw down at the press confrence or something if they want this fight to sell

Comment

Working...
                      X