Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez vs Floyd Mayweather or rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So wild to even think that Alvarez is a bum. Dude is an animal.

That said, Martinez should go for Mayweather. Even if he loses at 154, hes still the middle weight champion and at that, probably fight Alvarez or Cotto after. Then go back to middleweight, I doubt he's going to fight all 3 unless he builds up to Mayweather. (Sort of like Alvarez > Cotto > Mayweather)

Mayweather/Martinez makes the most sense right now, especially for Mayweather. Martinez just came off a sensational one sided victory, usually Mayweather capitalizes and no one can really dispute it. This is the time to fight Martinez if he has ever gave it any thought. Unless Martinez fights Alvarez and wins that just as well.

Chavez doesn't deserve a rematch, he shook Martinez in the 12th but even at that, he couldn't finish Martinez. Whats left to prove?

Comment

Mayweather Vs Martinez is the biggest fight that can be made in Boxing !

Comment

Originally posted by RightStraight View Post
        So wild to even think that Alvarez is a bum. Dude is an animal.

That said, Martinez should go for Mayweather. Even if he loses at 154, hes still the middle weight champion and at that, probably fight Alvarez or Cotto after. Then go back to middleweight, I doubt he's going to fight all 3 unless he builds up to Mayweather. (Sort of like Alvarez > Cotto > Mayweather)

Mayweather/Martinez makes the most sense right now, especially for Mayweather. Martinez just came off a sensational one sided victory, usually Mayweather capitalizes and no one can really dispute it. This is the time to fight Martinez if he has ever gave it any thought. Unless Martinez fights Alvarez and wins that just as well.

Chavez doesn't deserve a rematch, he shook Martinez in the 12th but even at that, he couldn't finish Martinez. Whats left to prove?
        I won't be too sure bout that. When has Floyd fought anyone on Martinez's level after such a big fight??

Comment

The Mayweather one. He'd get no credit for beating Chavez again unless it was like a first round KO. Dude beat him with a broken han and jacked up knee and dominated 11 rounds. Hell, he even had that 12th round too before Chavez landed like 8 punches and that KD.

Mayweather is the best fight he could hope for. More money by a significant ammount probably, and against Floyd he'd probably have most of the hispanic population rooting for him and thinking he has more than just a chance and so long as its at 154, hestill has his 160 title to fall back on and could shoot for a Geale fight or maybe chavez rematch if needed.

Comment

Floyd ofcourse because he'd knock him out and become even bigger!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Because its two of the best fighters in the sport facing off.

Why do people NOT wanna see that?
              Because of the size difference. Would you like to see Marquez vs Donaire? Two top P4P fighters facing off.

Originally posted by adamdoyle View Post
              Two reasons IMO

One: Hate Mayweather and want to see him lose

Two: The No.1 and No.3(IMO) can both fight at 154 and it would be great, if there was justice in boxing this would be 10x bigger and 10x more wanted than Mayweather vs pacquaio
              That first reason is the main one.

Originally posted by PacJesus View Post
              Because Floyd can beat him, and become a legit middleweight kingpin. Capping off an incredible career, but he needs to step up and get to Martinez before a rematch is made.
              At 160 I don't think Floyd can beat him and if he beats Martinez at a lower weight then he wouldn't be the legit middleweight kingpin.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Hopkins dominated Trinidad, the favored undefeated 160lb champion bro. Tito was supposed to walk through Hopkins on his way to Jones. B-Hop destroyed him. Tarver was supposed to end B-Hops career, he got sonned & Pavlik was supposed to be the 1st fighter to ko B-Hop, instead he got his butt pushed in. All dominating fights over the favorites. If you don't know about B-Hops career, I don't see how you can argue against it.

Floyd won't walk down a bigger, stronger fighter. Floyd walked down Judah yes & traded with Ortiz, but neither are on Martinez's level. Cotto landed plenty of shots on Floyd, I've never seen Floyd miss that much actually. But again the Cotto/Martinez comparo is not legit because Martinez is better than Cotto.

Floyd might have faster hands as of now, but I'm not sure. Martinez right now definitely has the faster feet. His footwork are some of the best in the world. Floyd has been far more stationary now than he's ever been.

Yes Ward imo is the best fighter in the world. (Not to be confused with greatest). But with Floyd, B-Hop, Pacman & Martinez all showing their age while Ward is just hitting his stride, he's definitely better than them atm.
                Ye he won and made them look bad but they werent on the same level as the corrales and gatti beatdowns, seriously thats not up for question. I agree about the hands but I can't comment on the feet since the last time he fought someone with decent at best movement he had probelms finding him(macklin)

I would also argue that Cotto is a better fighter than Sergio! Hes far better than anybody sergio has fought and has consistently fought on a higher level. Sergio could Ko Cotto but i also feel Cotto body shots would play a huge part.

So if ward and Floyd weighed the same now, you reckon he would win, coz i argue he would be schooled by a true master, and im not using that phrase as a fanboy, there have been a few masters of this sport, Pep,Whitaker,hopkins,Toney for example and Floyd is there with them but Andre has a bit more to learn. He will be one just not yet. To agrue Ward ties up INSTEAD of just slipping shots shows how superior Floyds defense is, and well back to the Gatti performance, Wards never done that to anyone at any level.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  I won't be too sure bout that. When has Floyd fought anyone on Martinez's level after such a big fight??
                  Do you not remember that everyone said that Floyd was ducking Mosley and Margarito? Who was Mosley next fight after he destroyed ****rito? Manny didn't even want to fight Mosley after that big win. Remember, Margarito and Mosley are the two people people kept saying over and over he was ducking and what happened when he fought Mosley? Its funny because I can bring back the threads of people saying he would never take that fight with Mosley after what he did to Margarito. Floyd and Manny has some of the dumbest haters ever. I can bet that if Floyd fights and beats Martinez the next thing people will say is that he should fight Ward. Floyd can't even make 154 due to him being a natural WW and people are trying to dictate his fights because they want him to lose so bad.
                  Last edited by Zano-24; 09-17-2012, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by adamdoyle View Post
                    Ye he won and made them look bad but they werent on the same level as the corrales and gatti beatdowns, seriously thats not up for question. I agree about the hands but I can't comment on the feet since the last time he fought someone with decent at best movement he had probelms finding him(macklin)

I would also argue that Cotto is a better fighter than Sergio! Hes far better than anybody sergio has fought and has consistently fought on a higher level. Sergio could Ko Cotto but i also feel Cotto body shots would play a huge part.

So if ward and Floyd weighed the same now, you reckon he would win, coz i argue he would be schooled by a true master, and im not using that phrase as a fanboy, there have been a few masters of this sport, Pep,Whitaker,hopkins,Toney for example and Floyd is there with them but Andre has a bit more to learn. He will be one just not yet. To agrue Ward ties up INSTEAD of just slipping shots shows how superior Floyds defense is, and well back to the Gatti performance, Wards never done that to anyone at any level.

You keep talking about Gatti & Corrales like they were somehow great fighters, so I guess there's really nothing left to say about it.

Also there is no way Cotto was a better fighter than Paul Williams. Also Cotto hasn't gone to the body with bad intentions since he fought Judah.

But if Ward & Floyd were the same size & fought right now, there is no doubt in my mind that Ward would win. Floyd is true master at matchmaking, not beating the best fighters. After all, you're the 1 touting Gatti & Corrales as great wins. Like I said Corrales went down in weight to fight Floyd & Gatti was never anything more than an exciting fighting fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
                      Do you not remember that everyone said that Floyd was ducking Mosley and Margarito? Who was Mosley next fight after he destroyed ****rito? Manny didn't even want to fight Mosley after that big win. Remember, Margarito and Mosley are the two people people kept saying over and over he was ducking and what happened when he fought Mosley? Its funny because I can bring back the threads of people saying he would never take that fight with Mosley after what he did to Margarito. Floyd and Manny has some of the dumbest haters ever. I can bet that if Floyd fights and beats Martinez the next thing people will say is that he should fight Ward. Floyd can't even make 154 due to him being a natural WW and people are trying to dictate his fights because they want him to lose so bad.
                      Nice try, but the Margarito & Mosley timeline was separated by at least 2 years bro. I won't say Floyd needs to fight Ward, nice try though. Only Pac+ards claimed Floyd would duck Mosley, doesn't apply here.

Comment

Working...
                      X