Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Breaks Hand, Tears Knee Ligaments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both fighters did exactly what they were known for. Hats off to them both. IMHO Chavez showed more in thi9s loss than ginger did in a win, real talk.

Comment

He did say he wanted WAR

Comment

Chavez might retire Martinez after all!

Comment

i think the ligament tears may have occurred at the end of the tenth round. martinez slips to the floor and seems slow to get up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutchie6g View Post
            Chavez isnt in the same class as Martinez but hey he has NOTHING to be ashamed about he was a warrior last night ... a lesser man would of looked for a way out he didnt he kept trying to win and that last round "man" both guys were superb no need for a rematch though !!!
            i agree

i think if the fight was more competitive then there would be justification in a rematch, but Martinez basically schooled Chavez Jr for 11 rounds. I don't think a rematch would be any different. I believe Martinez would still win

Comment

What a warrior

Comment

The hand is no problem but the Knee injury is a concern since his legs and footwork plays a major part in his style...hopefully he recovers from that with no problems

Comment

Damn Sergio won't be back in the ring until the second half of next year if it's real bad. Watch him get stripped by the WBC AGAIN.

Comment

Maravilla is a ****ing beast.

Chavez was took to school with a broken hand and knee!

Comment

Martinez looked impressive, he didnt get as tired as he usually does and schooled chavez.

that being said, Chavez can win the rematch and you are seriously delusional if you dont think so.

chavez threw like 5 punches around till the last two rounds and thats when he was getting caught but he was still landing.

Comment

Working...
                      X