Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Breaks Hand, Tears Knee Ligaments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Martinez could be out for over a year if it's an ACL injury and at 37? What a bastard that would be. My friend who obviously wont get the top care elite athletes like Martinez would put he still can't play football (soccer) and he was injured over 18 months ago.

He still can't really shift his weight quickly and be confident his leg just isn't going to fold beneath him.

To be fair to Chavez Jr, I suspect he would have done better if he didn't break his nose. I assume he broke his nose? It was pissing blood the entire fight.

Comment

Sometimes I wonder is it worth it.

Glad Sergio won, at least he can smile about the fight while he's recovering.

Comment

If Martinez tore ligaments in his kinee i don't think he would be jumping around at the end of the fight. Don't care who you are if u tear a ligament in your knee your not completing a fight!

Comment

If its a torn acl Sergio's career could be over.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
            If its a torn acl Sergio's career could be over.
            I don't think he'd be walking if that were the case.

Comment

Originally posted by lutenco View Post
              Two staples in his head because that headbutt that could make him blind,headbutts aren't a joke...MARTINEZ DIDN'T RUN BUT FOUGHT WITH HIS KNEE IN THAT CONDITION,WOW THIS MAKES HIM MORE AND MORE A BOXER WITH BALLS AND HEART LIKE FEW IN THIS MOMENT OF BOXING!!!Anyway the fight was so one sided that was ridicolous because CHAVEZ JR. didn't come in the ring since round 11,not good for a world champion;i still believe CHAVEZ JR. made that lucky round in the 12 because SERGIO took that tremendous headbutt in the 11.
              I agree head butts are worse than a punch usually

Sm could have been concussed from it and was off that 12th round

and got caught.

Jr showed heart but is everyone forgetting SM peppered the **** out of him for 11 rounds with no challenge ?

I'd guess those injuries to SM allowed jr to hang around to the final bell our not SM would have got him out of there.

I'm guessing it's a left hand injury noted from him tossing that punch out last few rounds instead of shooting it hard at jr.

Comment

Can we give a round of applause to Martinez?? I mean this guy took Chavez's BEST shots,schooled him 11 out 12 rounds, fought a light HW and still had his head intact.What a brilliant fight he fought his ****en ass off.

olé!!

Comment

Let's just hope the knee injury is not too serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
                    I'm not a Chavez Jr. fan but how do you know when the ligaments were torn? It could be right after the KD late in the 12th round.

If it had been in early in the fight, I don't think Martinez would be able to be so mobile. Some of you sound like it happened early in the fight. I don't believe that. I think it was from the KD.

Chavez got to him numerous times. He just didn't do anything about it. He got off way to late to do anything. Waiting for Martinez to be out of breath was his only chance in the end - and he almost succeeded.

Martinez pulled a great performance but Chavez is not a "bum" as many on BS portrait him as. He's not fast, he doesn't win fights because of his athletism. He wins because he is big, strong, powerful and has a lot of heart. He's a former champion and a strong contender. Andy Lee is a contender. Martinez is a champion.

Chavez Jr. can still be top 3 in the division. There's no one out there with Martinez' style. Chavez can run through most of them just because of size and power alone. He'll be back, unless Martinez has affected his mental state.

Who should Sergio fight next? Golovkin? Quillin?
                    truee....and martinez vs golovkin would be a great fight..

Comment

I think in round 10 or 11 Martinez was pushed down and took a long time to get up. Then there was the knockdown and getting bundled to the floor for a second time in the fight after taking some solid shots from Chavez Jr.

Comment

Working...
                      X