No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Not Bothered By The Critics of Lopez Defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
    Because I am not defending him. I'm stating facts. Facts that are easy to ignore by people that explicitly have an agenda and been rolling with the same post over and over. Is it hard for you to understand the business side?

Fighting Jose Cotto was bad, fighting Hatton horrible, fighting Baldomir was effing stupid. But that is the way the promoters build the career of a boxer. He fought two shot to sht fighters back to back in Cintron and Mosley. He was going to fight effing PWILL. Why are you omiting that fact? Wasnt he on pace to face tougher competition?

Fighting a guy with a Cinderella Story like Josesito it looks bad considering he could had faced SWW/LMW. But the business side for those other fights didnt make sense. People tend to forget how some recent stars careers are trying to be build up and end up repeating the same thing over and over.
    Good for business, bad for boxing. Everyone knows this. But is it really good for business?? Is ok that he was scheduled to fight the Punisher & is now fighting Lopez?? Sad thing is that everything you claim is fact isn't fact. it's all conjecture.

Is it really a fact that fighting Lopez is good for business when all that they're getting is criticized & receiving a bunch of backlash. How exactly is it that this backlash, terms thrown around, protected, pampered, cherrypicker, ext ext, how is all that really good for business.

He's getting payed but his name is getting ran through the dirt. Everything I've said the truth, those are facts. Not conjecture about how fighting Lopez is "good for business".

Comment

This is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for Canelo. He needs to dispose of Lopez and move forward. That said, I really like Josesito's personality. I hope he is competitive.

Comment

Like I say, the guy is a bully and will fold when facing real competition, he is not prepared for the top dogs we know he likes to fight smallest fighters, see midget Solis...

Comment

I could of accepted the Paul Williams fight.
          I could of accepted the Kirkland fight.
          I could of accepted him STEPPING UP ON COMPETITION.

I could of accepted a Laras fight.But they didn't want it.

But i won't accept as much as i like Josesito Lopez a credible opponent.This guy Canelo has been on a grandpa/shot fighter bum tour and the funny thing is that it's not stopping at any rest stops anytime soon!

How are ppl gonna put the "business" perspectove side in this conversation when the guy has been champion for over a year!? GTFOooo
          Last edited by AP♠; 09-13-2012, 02:24 PM.

Comment

^ could have or could've

Comment

I don't like ppl who take on the small guy over his same sized..but overall i don't like that the 154 pounders can't have a shot at the Tittle..the only way to have a shot at canelo is to have over 40 years old or be on a big lossing run..that's **** up..Lara will kill this Ducker.. don't like canelo..
              Last edited by Angry Cuban; 09-13-2012, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daperculator View Post
                ^ could have or could've
                Haha.........

Comment

The real injustice here is how they are treating Johnnie Gonzalez and DeLeon plus the rest of the show fighters. I don't believe this Canelo fight could sell anywhere near what it has without the good prelim fights, and the pay difference is way out of proportion. Other guys, not protected, fight real wars and get paid peanuts compared to the prima donna in what amounts to paid sparring.

Comment

Working...
                  X