Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Not Bothered By The Critics of Lopez Defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fight Bundrage in December and Cotto/Trout in May. That's the only way this kid is going to become legit.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Fight Bundrage in December and Cotto/Trout in May. That's the only way this kid is going to become legit.
      Hell, I'd be happy if he fought a JMW in December

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        But fighting Hatton and Cintron is what the people want to see?
        People only wanted to see Mosley because he's a name despite the fact he's shot to hell and Gomez because he's a Mexican.
        Also I'm pretty sure if Trout was offered a fight, like legit asked to fight, with the condition to drop his title, I wouldn't think it's out of this realm that he'd do it.
        Also the Suliman unification cry is just a defense against fighting against dangerous opponents that isn't Floyd.
        As soon as Floyd fight is available, he'll beg to unify the WBC and WBA after adding in his diamond title.
        Am I saying is right? No. I'm pointing out the facts without letting hate or favoritism blind me. Fighting Hatton was wrong, but that is the way the build the fighter. Fighting Cintron was not bad considering that some people were saying that depending of the Cintron who show up it will test the ginger boy. I'm not defending his opponent, but you guys fail to realize that the three opponents that the TV approved for him, making business sense for them, felt and that is not his fault.

The bold, I agree. Floyd means GREEEEEEN for them.

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Forget Punisher & Martinez. We're discussing ginger/Lopez & the entire 154lb division that ginger has ducked. He was called out by both K-9 & Trout. How you even manage to disregard jr middleweights in favor of a jr welterweight is down right ridiculous.

So calling out Floyd & Cotto while ducking 154 in it's entirety is worthy of some kind of bold acknowledgement?? How do you figure that??

Was Rosado 1 of only 2 jr middleweights available for ginger?? Didn't Trout, K-9, Lara, Vanes, Molina call him out too. but you defend ginger fighting a jr welterweight??
        So you think it is Canelo? Damn, he was willing to fight two real threats in the 154 for this date and the fight didnt happened for the reasons we all know. And why you keep avoiding what I'm pointing out about those fighters? I'm making the damn statement clear. But you are hating and acting like a troll over Canelo opponents. WBC dont want any with Trout. Canelo wanted to avenge his brother, he said after the fight. It is his managers and WBC that dont want that. LARA, I have repeated several times that he DUCKED him. Why you keep bringing his name? Because you are hating. Vanes loss his damn shot when he didnt fight Angulo. Molina? Who the eff wants to see him? Showtime is not going to show that fight just because you asked them. But you cant see that because of the hate.

Am I defending Canelo choice? HELL NO!!!! But it is what it is and the story behind Lopez getting there is more marketable and it makes more business sense. Lopez has mexican heritage so they can bring more fans for the fight and at least compete against the Chavez/Martinez fight. Why cant you guys understand that? IT IS BUSINESS

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Canelo is benefiting from the politics of boxing, very simple.

Jtcs1981 is basically saying what I've heard many say, "it's not his fault, it's just business." He's right, but it doesn't make it anymore acceptable.
        Exactly. I dont think is acceptable, but why am I going to hate on the kid for doing what his team advise him to do. People are hating and they have their reasons. But it seems obsessive to go in every Canelo thread repeating the same thing without analyzing the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
          So you think it is Canelo? Damn, he was willing to fight two real threats in the 154 for this date and the fight didnt happened for the reasons we all know. And why you keep avoiding what I'm pointing out about those fighters? I'm making the damn statement clear. But you are hating and acting like a troll over Canelo opponents. WBC dont want any with Trout. Canelo wanted to avenge his brother, he said after the fight. It is his managers and WBC that dont want that. LARA, I have repeated several times that he DUCKED him. Why you keep bringing his name? Because you are hating. Vanes loss his damn shot when he didnt fight Angulo. Molina? Who the eff wants to see him? Showtime is not going to show that fight just because you asked them. But you cant see that because of the hate.

Am I defending Canelo choice? HELL NO!!!! But it is what it is and the story behind Lopez getting there is more marketable and it makes more business sense. Lopez has mexican heritage so they can bring more fans for the fight and at least compete against the Chavez/Martinez fight. Why cant you guys understand that? IT IS BUSINESS
          It's the truth. How you try to equate that with hate is more trolling than anything else. So why this long post saying you're not defending ginger, then turn right around & contradict yourself by calling it business??

Edit: Is what I say a lie?? Is it unwarranted?? Is it more unfair to ginger, or the rest of the fighters at 154 that gets bypassed so ginger can feed on smaller fighters?? How is the truth more trolling than you (not defending ginger, but turning right around in the same post & calling it business)??
          Last edited by Bushbaby; 09-13-2012, 11:06 AM.

Comment

The good news here is that it looks like Ricky Hatton is coming back. There is promotional angle of Ricky trying to avenge the loss of his pathetic brother. Then consider Ricky has both of the qualities team Canelo looks for in a 154lb contender (his best fighting weight is 140lbs and wayyyyyyyy past his prime)

Comment

Probably because he's making a few million dollars.

I wouldnt give a **** either.

Comment

Lopez is a great story and we understand he's the one who disrupted the Canelo/Ortiz money fight plans...

but the problem will always be about Canelo fighting natural JMWs who are currently in good parts of their careers

Comment

Getting 2mil+ I wouldn't be bothered either.

WARNELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    It's the truth. How you try to equate that with hate is more trolling than anything else. So why this long post saying you're not defending ginger, then turn right around & contradict yourself by calling it business??

Edit: Is what I say a lie?? Is it unwarranted?? Is it more unfair to ginger, or the rest of the fighters at 154 that gets bypassed so ginger can feed on smaller fighters?? How is the truth more trolling than you (not defending ginger, but turning right around in the same post & calling it business)??
                    Because I am not defending him. I'm stating facts. Facts that are easy to ignore by people that explicitly have an agenda and been rolling with the same post over and over. Is it hard for you to understand the business side?

Fighting Jose Cotto was bad, fighting Hatton horrible, fighting Baldomir was effing stupid. But that is the way the promoters build the career of a boxer. He fought two shot to sht fighters back to back in Cintron and Mosley. He was going to fight effing PWILL. Why are you omiting that fact? Wasnt he on pace to face tougher competition?

Fighting a guy with a Cinderella Story like Josesito it looks bad considering he could had faced SWW/LMW. But the business side for those other fights didnt make sense. People tend to forget how some recent stars careers are trying to be build up and end up repeating the same thing over and over.

Comment

So we have this:
                      WBC is the most corrupt and crooked org/Sulaiman is a sack of $h1t
                      GBP/ODLH cia is protecting Canelo
                      Canelo is ok with the protection
                      Canelo will be ducking the entire 154 division as long as he's allowed
                      His promoters will be feeding his fans with a lots of crap and in return his fans will say they are eating gourmet food
                      Lara will never get a shot at Canelo, along with any other threat
                      The first time the ginger face a live body he will fold...

Comment

Working...
                      X