Roach: "Cotto Turned Down 7.5 Million Offer From Pacquiao"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
    http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/Benz_0912dd12.htm

You add the 35-40% Cotto would have goten and the number goes to 12-13 million dollars. With Cotto is not about the money dude has pride and is not like he needs it.
    First off .. its always about money when you're a "Prize" fighter.

Secondly, Cotto did nothing wrong.

Pacquiao turned down $40 million to give a teaspoon of blood in random intervals to a neutral agency.

Cotto at least understandably wasn't willing to be dehydrated for the greater glory of the farce that's Pacquiao wins over 135lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      i wasn't criticizing pac i was questioning hectari's logic.

Manny's saying that floyd called and made the offer and that he turned it down led me to believe thats what happened. Bob saying on TV that we offered $50 mil to floyd and he refused is not as credible a source.

How about you let Hectari defend his logic. your ruining the thread. you read the post too quick and didn't take a second to think about who is being criticized.
      dude, i can read between the lines and i know your agenda all along...so please dont insult my intellignece and play dumb....dude, floyd turning down the 50 mill counter offer is ackowldeging the offer took place ..it was team pac who offered it , not bob...

Comment

• Originally posted by littlemac View Post
        This is the same use of logic as......

Manny is a terrified of needles, but is ok with getting tats.

Manny can beat Cotto at any weight, but will only fight Cotto at a CW.

Manny is a small 147pounder, but prefers fighting 140 pounders at 147.

I can go on, but you get the picture......
        LOL ***** Slap

Last edited by Puya; 09-12-2012, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          If anyone here thinks theres a huge difference from Cotto weighing in at 150 or 154 you need to understand that with his body type he easily rehydrates right back to 154+! He has a full 24 hours and the 4lbs can be all fluids not fat (stored energy).
          I'm glad he's not fighting Pacman and I wish he would walk away from boxing he's very close to being hurt again. If he could go to England and fight Khan at 150 that would be a good fight for him. He'd have a southpaws right side sticking out for his hook and a guy in front of him that doesn't punch hard.
          Be a good bout for both boys! Ray.
          Lol good to know you know how his body works off of appearance and actual internal function.

Comment

• Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
            dude, i can read between the lines and i know your agenda all along...so please dont insult my intellignece and play dumb....dude, floyd turning down the 50 mill counter offer is ackowldeging the offer took place ..it was team pac who offered it , not bob...
            What intelligence? In the "Who beats Mayweather from 140-160" thread, you actually said the Rios-Alvarado winner have a chance. You have to be very unintelligent to seriously say something like that.

If you were playing around, which it looked like you weren't, then nevermind that.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
              Which is exactly why I'm an even bigger fan... it's not about the money, it's about the principal of the situation.

If you want my 154lb title, fight me at 154lbs or take a ****in' walk.

Miguel makes enough money on his own at this point, and he's made plenty in the past.. at this point, a few mill left on the floor doesn't effect his decisions anymore.

It's great.
              I'm not so sure miguel is so principled if the offer is 11 or 12 mil, but I get it. Its good for boxing because it exsposes some of the behind te scenes crap that goes on.

Comment

if you could learn to read the lines, not just between them, we wouldn't be going back and forth. there was no agenda other than asking hectari if his definition was consistent. If you can't admit you overreacted then there is no point in further discussing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  What intelligence? In the "Who beats Mayweather from 140-160" thread, you actually said the Rios-Alvarado winner have a chance. You have to be very unintelligent to seriously say something like that.

If you were playing around, which it looked like you weren't, then nevermind that.
                  i said at 140 you tard!...only a nuthugger like you thinks a 140 floyd would be healthy fighter...SMF

Comment

i said at 140 you tard!...only a nuthugger like you thinks a 140 floyd would be healthy fighter...SMF
                    Name calling in NSB will get you a virtual boot up your ass from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      if you could learn to read the lines, not just between them, we wouldn't be going back and forth. there was no agenda other than asking hectari if his definition was consistent. If you can't admit you overreacted then there is no point in further discussing it.
                      well, if you were being fair, we defintly would'nt be going back and forth

Comment

Working...
                      X