No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins Breaks Down Andre Ward-Chad Dawson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
    kessler, green, bika, froch, abraham i think they have diffenrent style so he adapted to his advantage to win the fights, pascal is wack i dont see none special i dont understand how a suppose smart pure boxer outside converted southpaw fighter couldnt beat him, tonight we will see if dawson is the best fighter he has faced
    If you don't understand, than you don't know boxing. Dawson's power hand is in front of him like Cotto, Del La Hoya, etc. That makes they're jab a power jab.. Boxing 101!!! Also with Dawson elusiveness, punches from different angles, uppercut he continually hit Bhop with, which is hard to do because Bhop never gets hit with the same punch over and over, slickness, and being a pure boxer with his natural talent those are 5 categories Ward hasn't faced in none of his fights. Where is Dawson has faced boxers, sluggers, swarmmers/pressure fighters, and one of the biggest boxing IQ ever in BHop. People brings up Bhop's age, but I would love to see ward dominant this Bhop. No one has ever dominated Bhop!! Also ward's defense isn't all that great, he gets hit a lot too, Dawson's uppercut is going to be the key!!
    Last edited by Nahshon Israel; 09-08-2012, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elijahlyric View Post
      If you don't understand, than you don't know boxing. Dawson's power hand is in front of him like Cotto, Del La Hoya, etc. That makes they're jab a power jab.. Boxing 101!!! Also with Dawson elusiveness, slickness, and being a pure boxer with his natural talent those are 5 categories Ward has face in none of his fights. Where is Dawson has faced boxers, sluggers, swarmmers/pressure fighters, and one of the biggest boxing IQ ever in BHop. People brings up Bhop's age, but I would love to see ward dominant this Bhop. No one has ever dominated Bhop!!
      what about the issue with Dawson and how he almost always needs to have his FEET SET in order to let his punches go? I've noticed this for the longest time and I'm damn sure Ward and his coach are aware of this too. Dawson has great hand speed, great power, but again a big problem is he needs to set up his shots. If ward is constantly moving dawson is going to be in for a long night. Which a lesser opponent, Pascal, beat dawson for that exact reason. Dawson could never let his hands go cuz he was never set. Pascal was moving backwards, side to side and jumping in unpredictably. If Ward fights that kind of fight, game over.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
        what about the issue with Dawson and how he almost always needs to have his FEET SET in order to let his punches go? I've noticed this for the longest time and I'm damn sure Ward and his coach are aware of this too. Dawson has great hand speed, great power, but again a big problem is he needs to set up his shots. If ward is constantly moving dawson is going to be in for a long night. Which a lesser opponent, Pascal, beat dawson for that exact reason. Dawson could never let his hands go cuz he was never set. Pascal was moving backwards, side to side and jumping in unpredictably. If Ward fights that kind of fight, game over.
        I don't see an issue with Dawson's feet having to be set to throw punches. I guess you missed the the 2nd Johnson fight, Bhop fight, Ademak, Harding, both tarver fights. I can keep going, but why try. It is what itis! Pleas stop comparing the pascal fight, Dawson was hesitant because of Pascal's power. Right Pascal doesn't have as many qualities as Ward. Both he has the equalizer too offset his opponents that's his freakish athleticism and power. And just because ward's @ better boxer doesn't make him a better athlete. I can bring up Ward getting dropped by Darnll Boone with a uppercut, I'm pretty sure Dawson'scoach picked up on it. We'll see tonight. Alls well is well
        Last edited by Nahshon Israel; 09-08-2012, 07:25 PM.

Comment

we gonna see tonight, hopefully is a great fight, n i think we all can agree the better man will win

Comment

Originally posted by 510hustler View Post
            He said Mayweather beats Pacquiao easily, so...
            That seems to show He's Consistantly Off Base, and WRONG!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dough View Post
              Ward's best adaptation is holdin, clinchin and headbuttin but he does win dem fights.
              In that case, B-HOP, took him to Graduate School....

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                im not saying there is, but i seen ward adapt to the different fighters hes faced, unlike chad wasnt able to adapt to the amateurish style of pascal, i can see u confident that dawson wins right now, but i bet u will be posting tomorrows excuses of why ward won "that chad was weight drained he didnt looked as strong" "that ward only fights in oakland"

im a fan of both but i think ward will take it, but dawson is motivated for this fight he might do better then i think
                TEX If your not a Politician, You've missed Your Calling!!!

Comment

Bernard Hopkins with the in-depth analysis.

"It's a fight I think Andre Ward can win, and Chad Dawson can win. But it's also a fight that Andre Ward can lose and Chad Dawson can lose too".

Comment

Hopkins talked a lot, but didn't sat S H I T!!

Comment

Originally posted by elijahlyric View Post
                      If you don't understand, than you don't know boxing. Dawson's power hand is in front of him like Cotto, Del La Hoya, etc. That makes they're jab a power jab.. Boxing 101!!! Also with Dawson elusiveness, punches from different angles, uppercut he continually hit Bhop with, which is hard to do because Bhop never gets hit with the same punch over and over, slickness, and being a pure boxer with his natural talent those are 5 categories Ward hasn't faced in none of his fights. Where is Dawson has faced boxers, sluggers, swarmmers/pressure fighters, and one of the biggest boxing IQ ever in BHop. People brings up Bhop's age, but I would love to see ward dominant this Bhop. No one has ever dominated Bhop!! Also ward's defense isn't all that great, he gets hit a lot too, Dawson's uppercut is going to be the key!!
                      i guess i do understand, chad was just not able to adapt against pascal n obviously not against ward

Comment

Working...
                      X