Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did pacquiao "drain" cotto????????????????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im a Cotto Fan and will say Cotto wasn't drained against Pacquiao. He looked in great shape and didnt look dry at all.

His gameplan and overall corner lost him the fight much more than his weight.

Comment

• and ward is draining dawson by 7 lbs....

i remember the reaction of the folks here during the weigh-in of pacquiao-cotto... folks saying "cotto is a beast", "manny will be knocked out", "manny looks soft and cotto is ripped as fhuck", etc....

now cotto was drained?.. wtf?... and what the hell was ward doing to dawson?...

Comment

• Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
        If you are going to quote Cotto using that as evidence that he was fine for the fight, then why not quote him afterwards where he was saying he would sacrifice his body again?
        I have posted Cotto interviews prior to the fight, after weigh-in and right after the fight.

Prior to the fight, Cotto himself said, what's the big deal? I was able to make 146 easily in my last fight so 1lb less will not make a difference.

Weigh-in .... you just saw what he said .... he said he was healthy and ate well and he will be too strong for Manny.

Right after the fight, Cotto said the difference was Manny's speed and the angles that those punches came in .... Cotto said I couldn't see those punches.

If you have a hard time seeing those punches, will coming in 1-2lbs higher change that?

Going down in weight is indeed a sacrifice ..... not the first to say that. You think only Cotto has to sacrifice to come in weight? Training and making weight is a sacrifice for many .... you need to train hard, eat well and many stay away from their family during that period. It's a sacrifice .... but is Cotto the only one? No way!
        Last edited by ADP02; 09-03-2012, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ronnie_N. View Post
          and ward is draining dawson by 7 lbs....

i remember the reaction of the folks here during the weigh-in of pacquiao-cotto... folks saying "cotto is a beast", "manny will be knocked out", "manny looks soft and cotto is ripped as fhuck", etc....

now cotto was drained?.. wtf?... and what the hell was ward doing to dawson?...
          BINGO!

Cotto's camp was saying that Cotto ate well, was healthy and is too big and strong for Manny ..... but now that he lost, he was drained?

Comment

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
            These threads always go like this.

Poster: Cotto was drained and weakened at the CW.
            Pacfan: The CW made no difference he only lost 1lb more than his fight before.
            Poster: Why did Pacquiao ask for the CW then if it made no difference?
            Pacfan: Because Manny is small and it would be unfair to fight bigger fighters.
            Poster: So Pacquiao does gain an advantage then?
            Pacfan: No 1lb made no difference..........

Repeat 500x
            LMFAO this should have ended the damn thread. Both sides are fucing dumb and repetitive.

Comment

• while the 1 pound isnt draining still if pac man is the greatest fighter that people claim he is then why not fight opponents at the full weight. he is not willing to take risk and put himself at a disadvantage but its okay to put his opponents in that position. thats why shake my head when people treat his victory over DLH as the best thing since sliced bread. the man was old and fighting at a weight he hadnt fought at in damn near a decade. If he's so great why not fight him at his comfort zone like floyd did. Also if he is so great why ask for a catch weight at 150 and not 154. if he is so much better then floyd then why didnt he fight him at 154 like floyd did.

you so called boxing fans say pac is the best of the era in front of floyd. the man barely beat a 38 year old blown up marquez, the same fighter that floyd schooled by the way. And he just lost to Tim Bradley, a fighter that floyd would embarrass badly. For people to call pac better then floyd is comical and i hope the fight happens so people can finally give floyd his props. and he will win because if an old blown up counter puncher gave pacquiao problems, what do you think the most skilled counter puncher in boxing today will do. Just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                I have posted Cotto interviews prior to the fight, after weigh-in and right after the fight.

Prior to the fight, Cotto himself said, what's the big deal? I was able to make 146 easily in my last fight so 1lb less will not make a difference.

Weigh-in .... you just saw what he said .... he said he was healthy and ate well and he will be too strong for Manny.

Right after the fight, Cotto said the difference was Manny's speed and the angles that those punches came in .... Cotto said I couldn't see those punches.

If you have a hard time seeing those punches, will coming in 1-2lbs higher change that?

Going down in weight is indeed a sacrifice ..... not the first to say that. You think only Cotto has to sacrifice to come in weight? Training and making weight is a sacrifice for many .... you need to train hard, eat well and many stay away from their family during that period. It's a sacrifice .... but is Cotto the only one? No way!
                Again you are saying Cotto said he was fine and not acknowledging how he said he wasn't fine

Comment

• he did but he didn't..

technically he did but if you was around boxing back then it was a 100% fair move, no one knew if Pac could take his punches or if he'd be bombed out of there.

Comment

• catchweights are BS and dilute the sport even more than the alphabet titles do.

Why don't we just have a free for all and do Pac/Dawson at 160?

If Cotto losing the extra pound wasn't a big deal then why did Pac/Roach ask for it? It obviously gave them an advantage.

I just think if you're fighting for a title it should be at that weight. end of.

I aint a Pac hater i'm a proper boxing fan - I think mayweather asking JMM to jump 12lbs in weight is equally as bad even if it was a a sanctioned weight.

Comment

• Has the thread starter cut weight before? I haven't which is why I don't make light the potential effects. As the end of the day when fighters cut weight the final pounds come from water, losing an extra liter of water can leave an individual feeling dehydrated.

Even if you rehydrate yourself a feeling of fatigue would remain. Try starving yourself for a few days and see how long it takes you to regain your strength.
                      ______

Anyway all of it can be simplified by asking this, if the extra pounds made no difference why did Pacquiao's camp insist on it?

Comment

Working...
                      X