Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did pacquiao "drain" cotto????????????????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did pacquiao "drain" cotto????????????????

PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME !?!?!?!?!?

ALL DAY IM READING BLAH BLAH HE DRAINED HIM AND WANTS TO DRAIN HIM AGAIN

WELL HERE ARE THE FACTS!

pac came in at 144 lbs against cotto thats 6 lbs heavier than his previous fight (138 vs hatton ) and his heaviest ever and up to 16 lbs heavier than some of his previous 8 fights

cotto came in at 145 ONLY 1 POUND lighter than his previous (146 vs clottey) and 1.5 -2lbs under his previous 8 fights

would u rather have to lose a pound or gain 7 b4 a fight ? i.e. Marquez vs mayweather

one pound is not a "drain" !

odl vs pac was a drain yes but that was Oscars choice he thought he had an easy night vs the midget

think about it

if Danny Garcia (140) fought Broner (130) at a 139 lb "catch weight" who would u be giving the advantage to??????????????

am i the only one who is sick of this stupid bs , yes manny asking for cotto at 150 now that he has grown in to 154 can be considered draining but i personally think 150 is to big for manny an they would be at an equal disadvantage
    yes 1 pound is "draining" to a fighter
    46.32%
    no cotto fans are sore losers (plaster,steroids,draining)
    52.63%
    i hate facts
    1.05%

SHHHHH....this is every Pac haters argument for any win he has on his resume.

Comment

Cotto weigh in at 146 because he had he max of 147, for 145 he had to drop down to 143-144 to make sure he weigh in at 145.

The man wasnt at his best period!!

And like everybody says of the catchweight didn't matter why ask for it???

Fock pacquiao and his catchweights

Comment

if the 1 pound is no big deal, why would pacquiao want/need the catchweight in the first place? works both ways.

Comment

A weight once made doesnt mean you can go lighter at any time , it changes over time , Cotto proved he could not make it just like Oscar did , Manny proves them right because he flat refuses to fight them at their healthy weight .

Comment

Shh, you're going to anger the Floyd sniffers in this thread.

Comment

Losing a pound of weight when you're already at your limit is 50x harder than gaining 7 (Pacquiao didn't gain 7 he just didn't have to dehydrate as much).

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                Cotto weigh in at 146 because he had he max of 147, for 145 he had to drop down to 143-144 to make sure he weigh in at 145.

The man wasnt at his best period!!

And like everybody says of the catchweight didn't matter why ask for it???

Fock pacquiao and his catchweights
                what does that even mean

Comment

It's been said a hundred times. When you're already down to the bone, and may have already been struggling to make weight, 1 pound CAN hinder you.

Honestly, I wouldn't know first hand, but seems logical to me that if there's no water weight to drop, and no fat to burn, then you might as well chop off a limb cause there is nothing else to remove besides muscle and bone.

Just my 2 cents, I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
                    if the 1 pound is no big deal, why would pacquiao want/need the catchweight in the first place? works both ways.
                    Yeah, why did Cotto request a 150 CW for Margarito, and ended up with a 153lb CW with a 160 cap rehydration clause? Why didn't Cotto fight Margarito at 154?

153 is not a real weight class, shame on Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                    X