No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto vs Trout Title Clash Set For December 1 at MSG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    No, I think we'll see Alvarez fight the winner in May.
    May when? 5 de Mayo? Doubt it. We know Floyd has that date secured.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Nice. Two more junior middleweights clearing up the clusterf*** at the weight, I always approve of that.

EDIT: Have to throw in a mandatory Alvarez dig. Yet again he's the only one at the weight not fighting good fights. Hope he loses to Lopez.
      Glad to see the edit. Because 154 isn't really cluster****ed outside of ginger who travels anywhere but 154 & higher to find fights while being ranked so unrealistically high. If he too was involved in fighting inside the division, it wouldn't be so bad.

Comment

• This is wonderful news. Its gonna be a very difficult fight for both Cotto and Trout, but I'll be looking forward to it. Great pick Team Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          May when? 5 de Mayo? Doubt it. We know Floyd has that date secured.
          We'll see. I don't think anyone knows when Floyd is coming back. I wouldn't be surprised to see him fight from February-April, so that he can fight in September on Mexican Independence day as well, a dat he also likes to fight on.

Comment

• I don't know, this might be a great fight for the fans but if "damaged goods Cotto" beats Trout decisively, then Trout was a chump and Cotto gets no credit. If Trout wins, Cotto is shot, damaged goods. Not good for Cotto but I think Cotto should win this one on a close, action packed fight.

Comment

• This isn't a sexy pick like waiting for the Alvarez/Lopez winner and Martinez/Chavez winner to make a possible fight. But I understand Cotto can't wait around for fights to free up and this is truly a competitive fight against another young, undefeated fighter for Miguel. Really a toss up fight that should at least clear up Jr Middle a little bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Basco View Post
                I don't know, this might be a great fight for the fans but if "damaged goods Cotto" beats Trout decisively, then Trout was a chump and Cotto gets no credit. If Trout wins, Cotto is shot, damaged goods. Not good for Cotto but I think Cotto should win this one on a close, action packed fight.
                I wouldn't classify Cotto as "damaged goods" any longer. He's at a new weight, new trainer, and he exorcised the Margarito demon. I think Cotto is a better fighter mentally than he was before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perro View Post
                  Actually Canelo was set to defend against PWill, who faked a shoulder injury then crashed his chopper, then came Ortiz and you know what happened to him.

It's not on PPV so I'm sure Showtime will try to pick this one up, but HBO will win it.
                  I know all of those scenarios. After all that fiasco Canelo could of CHOSE to fight Trout rather then lopez, HENCE my previous comment "CANELO DIDN"T WANT NONE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perro View Post
                    Good. Now this leaves Pac to fight Bradley hopefully. That's the only fight I want to see him in.

Plenty of options for Marquez too.
                    I agree also about the Bradley rematch. Let Pacquiao have the rematch with Cotto next year.

Comment

• 105-20, dayum.

Comment

Working...
                      X