Comments Thread For: Arum: Pacquiao Back in December, Cotto Terms Needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
    Why will cotto waste his time with catchweight bum
    Maybe because he kicked Cotto out of welterweight for good.

Comment

Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
      So Cotto's demands should be such that he'd never get the fight? Pac isn't paying him 10 mil and he's not coming in last and they aren't fighting in MSG. So, if Cotto made those demands--all of which he is certain would be rejected--he'd simply be saying, "I don't want this fight." Pacquaio will never fight in New York because of 1. taxes; and 2. the gate would be way less. It'd cost him millions to fight there. Moreover, Cotto has no real negotiating power here. He got killed last time they fought and has no belt.

In both a court of law and the court of public opinion, believing something with "every ounce of [your] being" is powerful evidence. It is sure to sway everybody you tell that.
      Im not the only one that thinks it so u believe what u want i will believe what i want. Not interested in bringing up again but your boy said no to tests so there is nothing u can go on either.

And me mentioning all those demands would just be Cotto giving a big "F" you to Arum. If he wants the fight hell get the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Basically, Cotto is gonna get shafted. I hope Cotto just fights Canelo, cuz he'd be putting himself in a compromising position to fight Pac.
        Why do you think so? The last time he fought a large super welter, Cotto himself requested a 150 cw with a 160 rehydration clause. Now Canelo is bigger than Marg, and has 2 good eyes. You know what would happen to Canelo at 160 fight night? He probably gets knocked out by Matt Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by the larryx View Post
          Don't budge on the weight Cotto
          yeah, just like cotto margarito? cotto is just as bad as pacquiao for catchweights.

funny how the ricans forget that.

Comment

Originally posted by GambitLouise
            Stopped reading at '' fighter of the decade''

hahahaahaha

Comment

Pac should just fight Cotto at 154 so people can see how much of a rerun it is.

Styles make fights. Cotto's defense is too wide open for Pac.

Cotto's face won't hold up to the punches.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                yeah, just like cotto margarito? cotto is just as bad as pacquiao for catchweights.

funny how the ricans forget that.
                Cotto had 1 cw..Pac had 3....3 of his last 6 fights were at a cw...he's averaging a cw a year for the last 3 yrs...the boy need to chill out with those fights...he's won 2 titles at a cw...has that EVER been done?..smh

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                  Cotto had 1 cw..Pac had 3....3 of his last 6 fights were at a cw...he's averaging a cw a year for the last 3 yrs...the boy need to chill out with those fights...he's won 2 titles at a cw...has that EVER been done?..smh
                  Exactly. Can't understand why Pacquiao won't just do what Floyd did, weigh what he wants and let Cotto come in at 154, Manny could wear like 148-150.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                    i dont agree with catchweights. 1 is bad enough when you consider the amount of divisions there are already.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                      Exactly. Can't understand why Pacquiao won't just do what Floyd did, weigh what he wants and let Cotto come in at 154, Manny could wear like 148-150.
                      i cant understand why pacquiao wants to fight him at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X