No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Sergio Martinez Post Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arraamis View Post
    I haven't seen anyone suggest, that this is a ploy by Chavez Jr. ......

Is it a possibility? .. Sure it is!
    Why would Chavez play the TV wonderland crowd, giving off the impression that he's not taking the fight seriously, not training correctly etc.....

To give Martinez extra confidence !!!

Here's my take, Chavez is training, just outside of the public eye. I gotta feeling that Jr is going to come out in total beast mode. And totally shock the **** out of all the guys thinking that this is going to be a beat-down by Martinez.

Only time will tell ... six days to be exact
    Why would he give Martinez extra confidence?!
    That's the worst idea ever.

Comment

• Doesn't matter what Chavez does, he's getting stopped. Too slow, not as athletic, and not as good of a gas tank.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        Full Chavez Jr.-Martinez 24/7 Episode 2

Thank you for posting those videos.

Comment

• CHAVEZ JR.-MARTINEZ MEDIA CONFERENCE CALL

Comment

• Originally posted by Coyotefury View Post
            Chavez sr. Looks more like he is the one that is going to fight Martinez, that's just sad, he is watching tapes, and is coming up with fight plans and strategies, he is shadow boxing and demonstrating what to do and how to execute against Martinez, while dumbass jr is in his underwear eating cereal on in the pool like an idiot, instead of standing next to pops and imitating and emulating what the hell he is trying to show him. He has the best resource in the world which is his dad n dumbass jr doesn't even use him to his advantage.

If he was my kid I would have slapped him upside the head and Said listen cabron, put the cereal down and do this with me, cuz come fight night ur gonna be in the ring not me.
            100% agreed. It's embarrassing to all Mexcians/Pro Boxers what Jr is doing. SMH

Comment

• loved both episodes of 24/7, really got me excited for the fight. There is no doubt that Jrs size and power will make the early rounds difficult for Martinez but Martinez is a thinking fighter. He can adapt, like he did in the second half of his fight against a similarly physical opponent in Pavlik. When Martinez starts thinking, Jr will run out of questions.....the only question left is: Will Chavez Jrs seemingly indestructible chin hold up against Martinez's brutal punches?

Comment

• Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                I haven't seen anyone suggest, that this is a ploy by Chavez Jr. ......

Is it a possibility? .. Sure it is!
                Why would Chavez play the TV wonderland crowd, giving off the impression that he's not taking the fight seriously, not training correctly etc.....

To give Martinez extra confidence !!!

Here's my take, Chavez is training, just outside of the public eye. I gotta feeling that Jr is going to come out in total beast mode. And totally shock the **** out of all the guys thinking that this is going to be a beat-down by Martinez.

Only time will tell ... six days to be exact

It's not a ploy, it's just playing up the persona for 24/7. Nothing you see on reality TV is real.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  CHAVEZ JR.-MARTINEZ MEDIA CONFERENCE CALL
                  Awesome. Thank you.

Comment

• When Sr. was watching the tapes, he was "advising" Jr. to keep the fight in the middle. Centre ring is obviously not where Jr. will be dominant. It is, as always, a ploy; no way would Jr.'s camp want to give away a vital piece of his gameplan on TV. He was also "suggesting" Jr. throw 1-2 and move off to the side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dickie Smalls View Post
                      When Sr. was watching the tapes, he was "advising" Jr. to keep the fight in the middle. Centre ring is obviously not where Jr. will be dominant. It is, as always, a ploy; no way would Jr.'s camp want to give away a vital piece of his gameplan on TV.
                      Gameplan? Oh, I'm sorry. You must have Sergio Martinez confused with somebody who actually poses a threat to Chavez Jr.

At the end of the day, two half-naked men are going to get in a ring and punch each other in the face for the applause of a drunken, rowdy crowd.

There is no gameplan.

Comment

Working...
                      X