No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Sergio Martinez Post Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
    Yeah Martinez seems to be way too into it emotionally so if his assumptions arent correct he will be done mentally and then its pretty much a wrap.

Hes setting himself up for a letdown. Way too angry.
    I just see Martinez ready for war...

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeKickAss View Post
      Junior is going to quit like a puto at the Thomas & Mack Center just like his daddy did tonight

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree lol

Originally posted by ocelot View Post
      I could definitely see a scenario where Martinez comes out with guns blazing, catches Junior and hurts him, but ends up burning up all his energy trying for the KO and gets stopped late from exhaustion. Too much passion and anger isn't a good thing in the ring. It makes you fight foolish. Martinez gasses late anyway. If he tries to end it early he could be handing Junior the fight.
      Sergio hasn't developed a pattern of gassing late, he switches to a high gear in the championship rounds and forces his opponent to fight when he wants to.

Sergio has already stated that he's trying to use Chavez's youth against him with all the trash-talking he's doing, he's trying to make Jr. react outside and inside the ring. The more Chavez opens up, the easier the night will be for Martinez.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 09-15-2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jose830 View Post
        I just see Martinez ready for war...
        Yeah that could be the case. The thing is though is that Chavez is ready for war too he just shows it different. Martinez thinks Chavez is ready to roll over and collect the check.

Imo I think Jr is a little off in the head..just a little. So to him Martinez is really just another fighter. I could tell by how he answered his call out.

The talk on NSB for years was that Jr was afraid of him. Thats not the case. I think we'll have a fight on our hands.
        Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 09-15-2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          That's when we'll know if the fight is interesting or not. If the middle rounds come, Chavez is still there and still strong, and Martinez starts taking rounds off, we may have a good fight on our hands. Those middle rounds will determine the fight.
          Good point....

Martinez would be smart if he was baiting Chavez with all this pre fight stuff then started dancing early in the fight. Its the old Mayweather trick. Hype up a war then box somebody's head off their shoulders.

Hopefully thats the plan because I could easily that scenario playing out. And Chavez doesnt have great power but if places them on Martinez's body in the right spot they will break him down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
            Yeah that could be the case. The thing is though is that Chavez is ready for war too he just shows it different. Imo I think Jr is a little off in the head..just a little. So to him Martinez is really just another fighter. I could tell by how he answered his call out.

The talk on NSB for years was that Jr was afraid of him. Thats not the case. I think we'll have a fight on our hands.
            all he keeps mentioning is that Martinez is old...but I agree with you Junior looks like he is a little off in the melon...

Comment

• shout out to anyone in the Boston area -- looking for a bar that is showing the fight tonight and could use some suggestions. Most of the places I called are not, I could use the help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
                shout out to anyone in the Boston area -- looking for a bar that is showing the fight tonight and could use some suggestions. Most of the places I called are not, I could use the help.
                That is how it is here in Panhandle, nobody shows boxing. Only UFC and it doesn't even have to be a big a UFC event, yet they show it.

Hopefully now that ESPN has got involved with HBO, more people will be aware of the fights.

Comment

• Anyone hear results on the second weigh in from this morning?

Comment

• No but I think I read somewhere that Martinez weighed in heavier than Jr yesterday.

Comment

• Martinez was looking like a madman when he was staring down Jr at the weigh in. I see Chavez being stopped in eight. I just hope he goes out like a warrior but I wont be suprised if he quits. Martinez will expose one phony tonight and hopefully he will get to expose that other phony, Ginger, next cinco de mayo.

Comment

Working...
                      X