• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    I don't know if anybody posted yet

Been posted, but good stuff man

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      Martinez is usually so calm and relaxed and easy going.

You can tell, he really doesn't like Junior.

He's got that psychotic I am gonna torture you look on his face when Kellerman was interviewing them and they were facing off.

I think the Chavez being lazy thing might be more minds games than anything else.

If he is skipping, the beating will be brutal.

How does ole boy wake up at 6 pm?
      That's crazy.
      I don't think its him playing mind games. I think it's him just being him. Roach really looked pissed and he should be. He has a lot on the line here. If Chavez loses, all 3 of Roaches stars will have lost this year. His pride is on the line here too.

I'm just wondering if people are going to use this as an excuse when Chavez is beaten up. What Ward did to the bigger man in Dawson last night won't even compare. I was shocked last night as I knew Ward would win but not that easily or dominantly. However next weekend I won't be shocked when the same happens.

If anything Chavez knows he's about to step in the ring with a fighter that is on a different level and isn't as confident as he is trying to act. Chavez just better be competitive because I think Martinez deserves to be in the argument as who's the #1 P4P (Ward or Martinez) and if he easily beats Chavez people will claim once again that Martinez isn't fighting quality opposition.

Could we end up having Martinez vs Ward for the P4P #1 accolade (even though that was supposed to be reserved for Mayweather Pac)?

Comment

• Originally posted by arraamis View Post
        I haven't seen anyone suggest, that this is a ploy by Chavez Jr. ......

Is it a possibility? .. Sure it is!
        Why would Chavez play the TV wonderland crowd, giving off the impression that he's not taking the fight seriously, not training correctly etc.....

To give Martinez extra confidence !!!

Here's my take, Chavez is training, just outside of the public eye. I gotta feeling that Jr is going to come out in total beast mode. And totally shock the **** out of all the guys thinking that this is going to be a beat-down by Martinez.

Only time will tell ... six days to be exact
        Why would he give Martinez extra confidence?!
        That's the worst idea ever.

Comment

• Doesn't matter what Chavez does, he's getting stopped. Too slow, not as athletic, and not as good of a gas tank.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            Full Chavez Jr.-Martinez 24/7 Episode 2

Thank you for posting those videos.

Comment

• CHAVEZ JR.-MARTINEZ MEDIA CONFERENCE CALL

Comment

• Originally posted by Coyotefury View Post
                Chavez sr. Looks more like he is the one that is going to fight Martinez, that's just sad, he is watching tapes, and is coming up with fight plans and strategies, he is shadow boxing and demonstrating what to do and how to execute against Martinez, while dumbass jr is in his underwear eating cereal on in the pool like an idiot, instead of standing next to pops and imitating and emulating what the hell he is trying to show him. He has the best resource in the world which is his dad n dumbass jr doesn't even use him to his advantage.

If he was my kid I would have slapped him upside the head and Said listen cabron, put the cereal down and do this with me, cuz come fight night ur gonna be in the ring not me.
                100% agreed. It's embarrassing to all Mexcians/Pro Boxers what Jr is doing. SMH

Comment

• loved both episodes of 24/7, really got me excited for the fight. There is no doubt that Jrs size and power will make the early rounds difficult for Martinez but Martinez is a thinking fighter. He can adapt, like he did in the second half of his fight against a similarly physical opponent in Pavlik. When Martinez starts thinking, Jr will run out of questions.....the only question left is: Will Chavez Jrs seemingly indestructible chin hold up against Martinez's brutal punches?

Comment

• Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                    I haven't seen anyone suggest, that this is a ploy by Chavez Jr. ......

Is it a possibility? .. Sure it is!
                    Why would Chavez play the TV wonderland crowd, giving off the impression that he's not taking the fight seriously, not training correctly etc.....

To give Martinez extra confidence !!!

Here's my take, Chavez is training, just outside of the public eye. I gotta feeling that Jr is going to come out in total beast mode. And totally shock the **** out of all the guys thinking that this is going to be a beat-down by Martinez.

Only time will tell ... six days to be exact

It's not a ploy, it's just playing up the persona for 24/7. Nothing you see on reality TV is real.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                      CHAVEZ JR.-MARTINEZ MEDIA CONFERENCE CALL
                      Awesome. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X