No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Sergio Martinez Post Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
    Hmm just a wild guess but isn't injured and hurt the same thing? So when u injured urself, say u twisted your ankle, that doesn't hurt? lol. When u injured urself by accidently shooting a bullet thru ur leg, that doesn't hurt?
    This goes to everyone who responded to my post: You're reading in to it too much. In boxing terms, Chavez Jr wasn't hurt aside from what I said, the 4th round. Stop trying to be doctors getting all technical. You know Chavez Jr was not hurt in boxing terms. Hurt, as in visibly stunned, wobbly, dropped, in danger, etc. Hurt in boxing. Stop bringing up irrelevant situations like car crashes and getting shot.

Comment

• Chavez Jr should fight Randall Bailey.

Comment

• Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
        when martinez called him out years ago, cotto dissed him by saying he's a nobody, fights nobodies, and brings nothing to the table. then when they bumped into each other, cotto didn't even want to shake his hand. martinez took that as a sign of total disrespect.

cotto don't want none.
        Ah didn't know that. Thanks. "Strange" is the entirely proper word to describe that lol.

I've liked Cotto, particularly enjoyed his last two performances. Wonder if this last win over Jr changes things. I think this could be a good, competitive fight though I'd rather see Martinez vs. Mayweather, despite the weight differences/issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by matthewpaul5020 View Post
          it was very nice match...i enjoyed it watching with my little child, he was very excited before this match,
          Good to hear you share your good times with your child. Sounds like a close family.

Comment

• Maravilla busted his face with a busted hand. He was not going to let himself lose that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
              Maravilla busted his face with a busted hand. He was not going to let himself lose that fight.
              u went to the live fight too didn't you? how was ur experience. i lost my voice in the last round lol, still recovering. one of the best fight atmospheres in recent years i think

Comment

• Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                u went to the live fight too didn't you? how was ur experience. i lost my voice in the last round lol, still recovering. one of the best fight atmospheres in recent years i think
                Dude I went as well and lost my voice by the end of round 4 lol

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

I wish ya'll could understand it, cuz I don't feel like translating lol. Basically, Jr gave NO credit to Martinez and made a bunch of excuses, it's really pathetic. He kept repeating "I just couldn't get off!" and "I started late!" and he even said Sergio never hurt him -___-. This guy is really a fuckin joke. He sounds like a whiner. God, I don't understand how he has fans. How do ya'll defend this guy?
                  I've been saying the same thing for months now dude is a clown. Look at the 24/7 episodes where julio says "respect the sport" and "you're too old". Look at the fight where in the first round he backs up after getting hit and does that stupid mockery (same thing he did with lee) i can't stand julio he's a joke. He has no jab (never uses it) he's slow and he has ****ty ring IQ guy fkn sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                    Definitely one of the best. The loudest and best moment for a fight I've ever been at was when Chavez Jr. put Martinez down. It went from like a 3 or 4 to a 13.

Comment

• Just watched the fight again with my dad and little brother, and I STILL got chills, I was still shaking like a leaf, like I was watching the fight for the 1st time.

My dad enjoyed it, and my 14yr old brother got PISSED when Chavez didn't get the KO, mad the referee didn't stop it. He reminded me of the Chavez fanboys in here
                      Last edited by kiaba360; 09-19-2012, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X