Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Sergio Martinez Post Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jr refused to weigh in.......................

Comment

• I actually was more impressed with the heart Sergio shown.

There were so many times when he was hit with big one punch shots and instead of dancing away he not only traded back he hit JR 3-4 times for that one punch. He danced around JR, but hopefully when people rewatch the fight again they will see that

EACH TIME JR Started pressuring Sergio and hitting him, Sergio DID NOT dance away. He fought back and he hit Jr twice as much.

Even the last Round, when he was hurt, instead of clinging he started swinging back. He could have actully had a easier 12-0 11-1 win if he just fought safety and in a boring fashion. He showed plenty of heart by fighting back every time he was pressured.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        He said Arum would stop a potential Mayweather-Martinez fight which makes no sense.

Just like everything else he's said in this thread.
        Arum actually can do that. He offers a fight to DiBella/Martinez.

Martinez knows he can beat Chavez Jr again, that's why he didn't hesitate agreeing to the rematch. Chavez wants it too. Depending on the PPV #'s, HBO will most likely bring the fight again to PPV.

Chavez Jr I, Chavez Jr II, and then Mayweather Jr is more money.

Chavez Jr, then a possible loss to Mayweather, Chavez Jr would be gone by then, he'd be at 168.

Martinez could fight Chavez Jr again, Mayweather isn't going anywhere. That fight will be there for next year. He could fight both Chavez Jr and Mayweather in 2013, but in that order. He can't fight Mayweather Jr, possibly lose to him, and then fight Chavez Jr at 168.

Comment

• I think I am just going to move on from this fight, the fight speaks for itself I don't need to argue stupid shit about it. Both men proved something and that always makes me happy watching a fight~

Comment

• To all posters:

Stop with the 37 year old shyt. Seriously. Stop. Martinez got a late to the sport. Hes not ready to go anywhere yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
              How dare any of you pick against Martinez.

Make no mistake, Chavez Jr proved he can hang with the best of em, he showed just how good he is.

Martinez showed just how great he is. And I do not use the word great lightly.
              I don't know about that. Hagler Hopkins Jones. They would murder this guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                I said Bob Arum will make the rematch.

And he will. Period.

Whats hard to understand out of that?
                You mentioned Floyd Mayweather. Bob Arum can do fuk all to prevent Floyd Mayweather fighting Sergio Martinez

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                  Dont get me wrong I had it 117-110 Martinez. At that stage in the fight both of them are on fumes. I actually thought the ref was going to stop it Jr was getting off some clean haymakers.
                  If it had been a referee chosen by Jose Sulamain and the WBC, he would have stopped the fight. It is a good thing this fight wasn't in Texas or it would have been stopped.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Arum actually can do that. He offers a fight to DiBella/Martinez.

Martinez knows he can beat Chavez Jr again, that's why he didn't hesitate agreeing to the rematch. Chavez wants it too. Depending on the PPV #'s, HBO will most likely bring the fight again to PPV.

Chavez Jr I, Chavez Jr II, and then Mayweather Jr is more money.

Chavez Jr, then a possible loss to Mayweather, Chavez Jr would be gone by then, he'd be at 168.

Martinez could fight Chavez Jr again, Mayweather isn't going anywhere. That fight will be there for next year. He could fight both Chavez Jr and Mayweather in 2013, but in that order. He can't fight Mayweather Jr, possibly lose to him, and then fight Chavez Jr at 168.
                    Soooooooooo you want age to catch up with Martinez that way Floyd has an easier fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                      I hope they release the fight night weights...
                      They can't for Jr, he never stepped on the scale again according to Jim

Comment

Working...
                      X